Mystery PCB identification help

LAH_

TDPRI Member
I was given this by a good old friend a couple of decades ago but for the life of me can't remember what amp it was for. From all I can recall, it may be of a mesa boogie clone or a soldano maybe. Could be a long shot but can anyone recognize what amp is this for just by looking at the empty PCBs?

mystery PCB.jpg

Last edited:

LAH_

TDPRI Member
After going through many PCB images online over the last couple of days I'm pretty confident this is for a soldano slo 50/100 tube amp. I guess this will be my next build.

peteb

Friend of Leo's
After going through many PCB images online over the last couple of days I'm pretty confident this is for a soldano slo 50/100 tube amp. I guess this will be my next build.
It looks high quality, industrial.

I am surprised there is no writing on it.

I am curious. What online PCB image led you to your conclusion?

LAH_

TDPRI Member
Back in early 2000's I was in Kyiv and we had access to several factories manufacturing equipment for aviation and rocketry through my university. Since we get to know people there we had the opportunity to have many things custom built for very little money provided you can supply them with the proper drawings. For my first tele build I had all the hardware (except the tuners) laser cut and coated there. It was much cheaper than to order from abroad and worked like a charm.

I had no interest in building amps by then but my friend did and he had this one made for himself. He thoughtfully made extra copies one of which was for me. It was waiting in a parts bin since then.

To help identify, I Google image searched my picture which unsurprisingly turned out many unrelated PCB images. Sifting from one picture to another I came across this site. I haven't cross checked point by point yet but from what I compared so far, this is the amp.

peteb

Friend of Leo's
I don’t exactly subscribe to the philosophy that if I have a PCB board for an amp, that I must build it, but I have to say that the SLO 50/100 is an intriguing and well respected amp that having the circuit board could change that philosophy.

Best of luck

i didn’t know that reverse image searches existed. It makes good sense.

LAH_

TDPRI Member
Thanks! That's probably why I had it laying around for so long. I must admit the link I shared basically sold me the build explaining the design and giving a little background, was an interesting read.

Image search is a powerful tool. I used to use it for finding better resolution copies of images I already have or even fact checking suspicious news at this age of misinformation.

Bendyha

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
There are people who can tell what vinyl LP they are being shown, when the label and matrix number are obscured.
PCB's would be simpler, I should imagine .... if one was so inclined.