1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My wife wants the dog to go

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stepvan, Apr 22, 2021.

1. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

This is very true I love my wife and I would let the dog go to make her happy but it kinda sucks.

stormsedge likes this.
  2. stepvan

I honestly think he had an upset stomach, because he never does this. I have a veterinarian appointment for him on the 30th I made yesterday so if something is wrong we should find out

Jakedog and getbent like this.
  3. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

maybe even a dog door. When I lived in colorado (very cold winters, lots of snow) I had a dog door through a wall and a tunnel, like an arctic porch, to keep the wind and cold out. Our dogs used it well.

The basement sounds good too. You'll figure it out. It is stressful for sure when people are upset at home.

WTRT and stepvan like this.
  4. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

Yup...but the alternative may be much worse. Tomorrow is another day.

stepvan likes this.
  5. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Make sure it's really about the dog.

6. stepvan

We will figure it out

KevinB and getbent like this.
  7. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

Is it possible that your current (wife-facilitated) protocol of “dog duty” is just not giving the dog the time to use the bathroom he needs? Sometimes people get lax on dog detail and accidents happen, and those people are quick to blame the animal rather than acknowledge responsibility and just clean the mess up.

Did the dog have an accident because he has diarrhea and couldn’t hold it as long as he normally might? Maybe this is a situation that needs some veterinary consultation.

I agree that “happy wife/happy life” sounds like inappropriate, or at least incomplete, reasoning behind a complex choice to be made.

We have a lot of dogs, a teenage kid, a commuting wife and me as a sort of stay-at-home farmhand/parent. I have seen lots of failed attempts at passing animal care responsibilities off from person to person over the past 20 years or so.

Sometimes you have to touch poop, but that builds character and a stronger constitution. Just power through that
    sh—

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    StrangerNY and SonicMustang like this.
  8. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

It's a shame about your dog. My dog has rarely ever done his business in the house. In fact, at the age of 12, he's learned to wake me up at any hour of the night if he has to go out. I guess I'm OK with it.

9. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Agree. She'll get used to it.

seriously, she should consider your feelings as well. Would she work to keep the animal if it makes you happy?

10. 421JAM

421JAM Tele-Meister

Your dog is very stressed because it knows your wife wants it gone. Either your wife needs to cool it, or you need to find a home for the dog where it is wanted, welcomed, and loved by all members of the household.

Greggorios and northernguitar like this.
  11. stepvan

He is crate trained about 7yrs old never really had issues like this with him in the year+ we have had him. Vet appointment next weekend to see whats up

12. Boxla

Boxla Tele-Meister

I have strong feelings on this:

1- dogs should be inside or the owner does not deserve to own a dog

2- anyone who gets a dog, and has that dog for some time, and then decides they simply don't want them anymore should be tar and feathered, after they find a good home for the dog. Once they're tar and feathered they should be flogged in the public square for all to see what a jackleg they are. Obviously there are situations where a person needs to find their dog another home for serious reasons, but this does not sound like one of those reasons. It's laziness and cold-hearted.

13. _MementoMori_

_MementoMori_ Tele-Afflicted

Never thought I'd see the day that Crate gets seriously recommended on a guitar/music forum.

14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

If you don't have a doggie door, I'm not surprised the dog went in the house. Try locking your wife up in the house, but not allowing her access to the bathroom. At some point if she's locked up long enough, she'll either climb up there in the kitchen sink,, or kick out a window. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Asmith, PhoenixBill and Greggorios like this.
  15. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Man, my absolute best acoustic amp is a Crate, and I've owned some of the very best. I've sold them all except this one, and one larger twin that I re-speakered, and a smaller Mackie personal monitor jobbie. I've been looking at the V33's...

Nah. I and the dozens of generations before me all kept animals outside for all the right reasons. But you are welcome to live your life as you choose also.

kingofdogs1950 likes this.
  16. GibbyTwin

GibbyTwin Tele-Holic

somewhere between Asbury Park and Atlantic City
    I think your feelings are casting a pretty wide net on this one. As I have mentioned, we got a dog from a pound years ago (was probably brought to the pound for the same reason). We wanted her to be an indoor dog. She was a delight to be with when we were home but she caused damage when we left her at home alone when we went to work. Never had accidents, just caused damage. Tried the cage thing and thought she was going to kill herself in trying to get out. Took her to a trainer - did not help. Once we put her outdoors she was fine. She stayed with us 13 years. Dogs, like people, are all different.

kingofdogs1950 likes this.
  17. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

There you go...is there part of the basement with a bare floor and floor drain? Maybe you could set up a dog area in such a place, so if schedules don’t allow you to get the dog outside in time once in awhile, you can easily clean up with scooper, soapy water rinse and a floor squeegee or something. It’s a lot less daunting task if you have professional dog mess cleanup tools, and it’s on a hard surface with a drain somewhere near.

Smeared and ground all over carpet or weathered tongue-and-groove flooring or 10,000 little tile grout seams is a Pretty serious bummer, I’ll admit.

stepvan likes this.
  18. stepvan

I don't know if it is that so much or if he is stressed because she is back to work now

19. stepvan

Yeah its a lousy situation all around. My wife finally is back at work again so I don't know if he is stressed being alone for along time or what. He has acted out with her in other ways too so I don't blame her I just hope for a happy ending to this

WTRT likes this.
  20. SonicMustang

SonicMustang Tele-Meister

You mentioned that the dog never goes in the house, yet your wife is ready to give him up although you've had him for some time now it seems. Is she just opposed to having a pet? There seems to be more to the story here than one accident.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.