My wife, my best friend.....

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
My wife can’t sing at all and fortunately she gave her clarinet to one of our kids who doesn’t play too well either. With luck, one of our grandchildren will take an interest in music.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
those are nice moments... good to notice and remember them.
Yes - last night I was in the kitchen on a zoom and heard Christmas music (teevee? yoo-tube?) in the living room w/ Mrs Deeve kinda singing along and was immediately disarmed.
I made the mistake of sharing that lovely moment w/ colleagues and then heard a loud denial - "I was NOT. . . " :rolleyes: - she had no idea how cute it was. :lol:
Yeah, we're lucky
Peace - Deeve

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Yes - last night I was in the kitchen on a zoom and heard Christmas music (teevee? yoo-tube?) in the living room w/ Mrs Deeve kinda singing along and was immediately disarmed.
I made the mistake of sharing that lovely moment w/ colleagues and then heard a loud denial - "I was NOT. . . " :rolleyes: - she had no idea how cute it was. :lol:
Yeah, we're lucky
Peace - Deeve

on my nightstand is a picture of my wife as a little girl. I make a point to look at it every day. I use it as a reminder that whenever something makes me mad or frustrates or annoys me, I remember that my one job is to take care of that little girl. hokey, I know.

But, on a few occasions, thinking about that little girl and how hard she tries and how awesome she really is... takes me back where I belong.

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
When my wife was just a girlfriend, she took a week off from work, drove 150 miles, and sat by my bed in ICU for a week. I didn't know she was there for 4 days when I finally woke up.

I figured she was a keeper so I kept popping the question until she finally agreed. She waited a few years while I recovered from my traumatic brain injury.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
....is in the living room, softly playing sweet Christmas carols on my grandmother's old piano while I work late to finish up a rush job.

She's the greatest. I'm so lucky to have her.
not really any of my business , but I think you a lucky man.
It's nice to hear positive stuff about spouses here.
I just can't get that Tonio K. song out of my head :mad:

StratDal

Tele-Afflicted
Mine informed me yesterday my son and I are in charge of Christmas dinner; whatever we want to do is fine with her. She said she just wants to chill and watch football. Told no problem, we've got it... I'll be enjoying football too while jr. takes care of dinner! ha!

To good times! Merry Christmas!

Chicago Matt

Friend of Leo's
So great to read about happily married couples here. My wife and I recently celebrated 27 years, walking through life's joys and trials together, hand in hand. She's my friend, lover, teacher, music buddy and soulmate. I'm a lucky man.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
....is in the living room, softly playing sweet Christmas carols on my grandmother's old piano while I work late to finish up a rush job.

She's the greatest. I'm so lucky to have her.

Would you rent her out for special occasions? Like maybe when we're shooting another Christmas special for Hallmark?

You REALLY don't deserve her, you know. :rolleyes:

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Mine informed me yesterday my son and I are in charge of Christmas dinner; whatever we want to do is fine with her. She said she just wants to chill and watch football. Told no problem, we've got it... I'll be enjoying football too while jr. takes care of dinner! ha!

To good times! Merry Christmas!

Time for Chinese Turkey! Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra!:p

drewg

Tele-Holic
on my nightstand is a picture of my wife as a little girl. I make a point to look at it every day. I use it as a reminder that whenever something makes me mad or frustrates or annoys me, I remember that my one job is to take care of that little girl. hokey, I know.

But, on a few occasions, thinking about that little girl and how hard she tries and how awesome she really is... takes me back where I belong.

You are a wise man, getbent, and I admire you. I need to pull out a picture of my wife I have sitting in a closet, without reason. And there’s a picture of her as a girl taking her first communion in Mexico, and I know I would have fallen in love with her back then, too, even if I were only 12.
Thanks ukepicker, for recognizing those moments. It’s true, sometimes we get caught up in things and forget.

OLDTELEHACKER

TDPRI Member
You guys are all absolutely correct. Not looking for sympathy here, really, I've gotten enough already. My best friend passed away 2 weeks ago from cancer. I came across the letters I wrote her before we were married, when I was in Basic Training with Canadian Forces. I didn't know she had kept them.What a doofus I was in them. Met her in 1966 when I was supposed to be talking with her brother and another guy about a band startup. Talked to her instead and we were together ever since. She was truly my best friend and my wife. Hope she knew that. We had a good run and a good life. You can't ask for much more than that.