My Wife just bought me a $7000 Les Paul!!!

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
We started dating when I was 18 and she was 16. We got married right after she turned 18. 9 days after our wedding I went to boot camp. We’ve been living life together for almost 25 years, and God willing will be living life together another 25 (or more). She’s my best friend. Has been since the day we met. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without her.
That was really nice of her! There's a comfort in a good marriage that you can't find elsewhere, no?

Bob

Dana Rudd

Tele-Afflicted
Congratulations on a very special wife. She is a gift of a lifetime and so is the LP. Enjoy both to the fullest. I can't imagine trying to find an equal gift for you wife. HNGD.

modavis99

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Congrats! Great score. Great story.

I’m a Les Paul guy. I have a few including a 2020 R0. I come here when I dabble in teles.

If you decide you want to try different pickups you will get tons of suggestions. Mine is Wolfetone Dr Vintage neck and Marshallhead bridge. Wolfe is running a 25% off sale too, so the set will come in at $250 which is a huge deal given how good those pickups sound.

Lowspeid

Tele-Meister
It's 50/50 I'll make it out your way first. My wife is from that region and my brother in law lives in the wilderness near Eugene I think. I want to check out 5 Star it sounds like a great place with a great selection on the floor.

I notice when I send my nieces stuff like for Christmas there is no sales tax on stuff shipped to Oregon. Is there also no sales tax on purchases made in the state, like your new R0 for instance?
5 Star is hands down the best shop I’ve ever been in. The guys there are outstanding and treat every customer the same, regardless of wether you are there to buy a guitar or just a pack of picks.
The no sales tax and 15% off makes the hit to savings account hurt a lot less.

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
Wow! Did she buy that with her own $$ or did she just give you "permission" to use your joint funds? :lol::lol:

That's a beautiful guitar. Congratulations!

backalleyblues

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Obviously, your wife is not this woman...

150700-17de46fc668f75274f1e004577685540.jpg

Conga Rats on the Lester!!! Has it told you it's name yet?

Franc Robert