My wife has made me go to the store so many times, I'm starting to like it!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Today, I was grocery shopping with my wife, anyone who has read even a few of my posts, knows my wife is an inveterate shopper. Her favorite saying is, "well now that we've gone to the store, we won't have to go again for a while." Which could mean not until later that day, the next, or at most three days from when she said it.

Today, as I was actually involved in picking out things, like Christmas candy, fruit cakes, and pie crusts, I discovered a strange thing. The people all milling around me made me feel comfortable, like a bunch of fish in an aquarium, we were all just making our way, dodging each other elegantly with nary a thought. Suddenly, I LIKED SHOPPING. I guess it's like anything you do it enough, you form a habbit! By the way, I'm getting pretty good at estimating the cost of the shopping cart just eyeballing it. Today I guessed before the checker hit total, that the bill would be $257, it was actually $266, but hey, that's pretty good for an offhanded guess!

Kerberos

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I'm retired. I figured once I was retired I would have all sorts of time to play, record, learn new things. Well, I actually got more done when I was working. Grocery stores are daily, if not that, it's doctors visits. The around the house tasks are endless. Lunch is a daily outing. She won't eat cold cuts two days in a row. I have to get them fresh daily. After all that stuff is done, am I motivated? Didn't quite turn out like I imagined it would. I feel your pain...

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Debi only demands my driving skills. She loves to shop, has many doctors appointments and likes getting older single neighbors out and about so they're not stuck home alone but .... she hates to drive. If she or she and a neighbor have some place they want or need to go her only request of me is that I drive. We load up the SUV and I include whatever book I'm currently reading. When we get to where ever we're going she / they depart the vehicle to begin their adventure while I slide my seat back and enjoy a good read.

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I like the grocery.

Mrs. Floor loves to order curbside pickup. It’s ALWAYS messed up, there are always weird substitutes and whenever they don’t feel like looking for something or bending over they say it’s not available.

So about once a week she makes a pickup order online. Then we go together and she drives me to the front door and while she waits for the store worker to roll out her order I go in and get all the stuff they said they didn’t have.

jackinjax

Friend of Leo's
You're coming late to the party, TD. How would you know what new cookies, individually wrapped mini candy bars, or ice cream flavors you might want to try are out there unless you see for yourself? I almost always go grocery shopping with Mrs injax, otherwise I'd be stuck with plain oatmeal cookies and vanilla ice cream. Meh...

staxman

Tele-Afflicted
I like the grocery.

Mrs. Floor loves to order curbside pickup. It’s ALWAYS messed up, there are always weird substitutes and whenever they don’t feel like looking for something or bending over they say it’s not available.

So about once a week she makes a pickup order online. Then we go together and she drives me to the front door and while she waits for the store worker to roll out her order I go in and get all the stuff they said they didn’t have.
Not laughing at you, but with you. That curbside pickup deal is notoriously messed up in our area. It’s like they’re messing with you!

glenlivet

Tele-Afflicted
LOL....me and my son returned cans today.
$113.00
I MADE money at the store!!!
I have to admit, cans were getting a little out of hand, we usually don't wait quite so long.
6 1/2 big contractor bags full.

Now, what did my wife spend at Target? No clue. There are some things that I just don't need to know.
But, I'm counting today as a win.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm retired. I figured once I was retired I would have all sorts of time to play, record, learn new things. Well, I actually got more done when I was working. Grocery stores are daily, if not that, it's doctors visits. The around the house tasks are endless. Lunch is a daily outing. She won't eat cold cuts two days in a row. I have to get them fresh daily. After all that stuff is done, am I motivated? Didn't quite turn out like I imagined it would. I feel your pain...
Just this past week, I went to the bank and paid all the bills, I could through them, because we're just now recovering from someone getting into our funds. (Thankfully everything is working out, but I'm done with mailing checks)

Then we went to Costco, "for a few things" you can't go to Costco for a "few things" everything they sell there is sold in bunches like bananas. Wednesday, I took momma golfing, Saturday I went golfing with my son and a couple of friends. Today, she dragged me to TWO stores, then came home, and said "it's time to take the dogs for a walk!" That woman is 80 years old! I'm kinda wondering when she's gonna slow down just a little bit!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
LOL....me and my son returned cans today.
$113.00
I MADE money at the store!!!
I have to admit, cans were getting a little out of hand, we usually don't wait quite so long.
6 1/2 big contractor bags full.

Now, what did my wife spend at Target? No clue. There are some things that I just don't need to know.
But, I'm counting today as a win.
You gotta count your victories where you find them! ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Not laughing at you, but with you. That curbside pickup deal is notoriously messed up in our area. It’s like they’re messing with you!
I don't think the stores will ever want to relinquish curbside, and home delivery now that they've got both feet into it!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
You're coming late to the party, TD. How would you know what new cookies, individually wrapped mini candy bars, or ice cream flavors you might want to try are out there unless you see for yourself? I almost always go grocery shopping with Mrs injax, otherwise I'd be stuck with plain oatmeal cookies and vanilla ice cream. Meh...

Man, I'm having to starve half the time to keep my fairly recent weight loss down just below two hundred pounds. That's because from Thanksgiving on, people keep shoving one kind of desert or another at you! Sometimes the guy shoving desert at you is yourself!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I like the grocery.

My wife likes to shop too much for that! Besides she probably wouldn't trust me to reach all the way in the back and get the fresh one! (But I would)

glenlivet

Tele-Afflicted
We don't have a Costco in our town, so we don't stop there much (we're Sam's country)...but when we DO stop into one (because of course my wife has a card), I try and go all out.
Couple hot dogs, maybe a quick sip of some booze at the tasting booths, a nice walk, maybe some canned cheezy musak for my wife to hum along to..... I call that "date night".