my USACG strat project

gonzo

Tele-Meister
done before usacg disappeared, still to return....

body: Lightweight Alder 2-piece, with a contoured heel, side jack, tummy route, fall-away cut out on the back side of the bottom bout for upper fret access.

neck: hardrock maple neck, with a pau ferro fingerboard. 6150 frets, 1-5/8" nut width. small fender-style headstock.
--Gibson scale length neck, 22 frets, fingerboard radius, of 12". the shape of the neck is a thin "C" shape, with a .78" neck thickness at the 1st fret, up to .85 at the 13th, mother of pearl dot inlays.
vintage truss with access at face of headstock.

headstock: tiltback design, 13 degrees, graphtech nut.

Bridge: Hipshot 6 String US Contour Tremolo Chrome with stainless tone bar.

pickups: humbucker-single-single, Bill Lawrence L-500L and L-280s (n & m)
Q filter for master tone, and a master volume. (500k pots)

Scratchplate: done by Warmoth, it's a slightly custom shape, with the 1st volume knob hole removed, and my luthier cut the hole for the Lawrence pickup (not a standard size) to match.

Paint: originally done by the luthier that put it together for me...... later slightly damaged in a flood, and replaced with a new body and paint.

the finish on the 2nd body done by USACG custom guitars, is all NITRO, and very thin finish.

cream machine.JPG

Rufus

Friend of Leo's
I guess the new owners of USACG now do tilt back headstocks, cause they were never available before.
nice Strat!

Not to nitpick, but if it’s a replacement body…how can it be the SAME guitar?

gonzo

Tele-Meister
2 different bodies. There was a flood. And insurance covered the cost of replacement. 2nd body painted by USACG.
This was built in 2009. Usacg quit making the tiltbacks, AND is still missing in action (best guitars?)

So, only the body changed out, all the rest is the original build parts.

Last edited:

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
I guess the new owners of USACG now do tilt back headstocks, cause they were never available before.
nice Strat!

Not to nitpick, but if it’s a replacement body…how can it be the SAME guitar?
Eh! That’s my granddad’s ORIGINAL hammer, it’s only had four handles and two heads……

gonzo

Tele-Meister
yea, i guess i didn't explain it well...

but, as a matter of fact, i still have the original cream colored body, it's a very resonant and light alder, i'll relic it a bit, and do something fun with it.

MattAndTheMachine

TDPRI Member
Well, I hope you don't mind me saying that this is literally everything I wouldn't want in a strat.
But it sure sounds cool, and also nice playing!