1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My "thrifty" neighbor and his "heater delete" Pontiac

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Buckocaster51, Dec 31, 2013.

1. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

Used to go to Freeport every 8 weeks in the mid-80s. The band played at a place called The Hideaway.

2. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

If you're not going in to get a fountain drink and a candy bar, you're not rewarding him. He's probably priced at or below cost. Nobody makes money selling gasoline. If somebody goes to one of my employer's stations and uses a credit card at the pump, we've sold for less than what the fuel cost. Margin on beer runs 15-20%, so you can't make it up there, and cigarettes are 8-12%, so they don't help either. It's a tough business.

3. piece of ash

piece of ash Friend of Leo's

I guess I don't get it. ...Lived in Phoenix for 30 years. You DO need a heater in the winter, at least if frost on the windshield is any clue.

Maybe some of Detroit's delusions started long ago... they seem to be doing much better these days though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.