1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

my tele is stolen in old town San Diego as of this morning.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by jomazq, Jun 30, 2011.

1. jomazq

jomazq Tele-Meister

as you'll find in recent posts i had asked about headphone practice for on the road.

well, being on the road, yesterday morning we came out of mission inn in old town san diego and found that our truck had been broken into . My tele is among the missing.

[​IMG]

the above picture is me warming up with the amplug before a show in henderson NV. this is the only guitar i've ever owned and i've been strumming it since before i could reach the 6th string. if any of us might see this thing pop up again . i'll have to post more details later in the day but suffice to say - i'm feeling kind of desperate.

2. androo

androo Tele-Holic

Aw man. I am just so bummed out for you jomazq. What are the details of the guitar? I'll keep a Craigslist watch out for sure.

I really hope it turns out.

3. westin

westin Tele-Meister

I don't think non-guitar players realize or care about the sentimental value of these instruments. This kind of thing just makes me sick. Best of luck to you. If I ever found one of these jerks, I would be hard pressed not to take a tire iron to them.

4. rolling56

rolling56 Friend of Leo's

Do you have the serial number, origin of build, and more pics we can have?

5. outlawyer

outlawyer Tele-Holic

Hate it for you, that was a beauty.
    When traveling, I take everything into the hotel with me, unless it has security, but usually even then. I came out of a nice Doubletree once that supposedly had security, and the car right next to mine had been broken into.
    I even carry my CD's in on occasion.

6. androo

androo Tele-Holic

I put the word out to my cousin, who lives in San Diego. He's got a ton of friends in that area, and many are musicians. So, if you get serial numbers and all that jazz, it might be better than nothing.

Damn.

Plus, that info will be useful to know since it might sell out of the area, if at all.

double damn.

Just a thought....I'd absolutely search all the CL, but don't create a post looking for the stolen thing, in the event the thief does try to sell it on there.

7. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

So sorry for the loss.
    I had a 69 tele stolen from my car at an accident scene.
    There is a number that exists in Cal. that allows guys to
    call it and they notify all pawn shops and dealers.

8. Pointmonger

Pointmonger Tele-Afflicted

Damn, that hurts. I'm so sorry. I really hope it comes back to you. Guitar thieves suck. You're taking someone's livelihood, quite possibly, when you steal a guitar. I just can only imagine the frustration. A few years ago, I was without a car and had to bike everywhere for about a year. One day my bike was stolen and I had no transportation until I spent the money for a replacement, money that would have gotten me into a car that much sooner, and then the replacement wasn't nearly in the same league as the stolen bike. I know it's not the same, but I can sympathize with your plight. At the time, I could think of nothing lower than a bike thief. Not anymore.

9. Telesavalis

Telesavalis Friend of Leo's

Thieves are the lowest form of human. Your Tele is probably already in a pawn shop in the SD area.
    Good friend of mine who I play music with regularly lost 3 guitars to a home invasion a while back. Several months afterward he was in a pawn shop about 30 miles from where he lives and saw one of his guitars. He called the police and ended up actually buying it back from the pawn shop just to reduce the PITA routine he would have had to go thru. But the back story on it was that it was pawned within an hour of being stolen from his house.
    Thieves...they've been around since the first cave man lost his hunk of dinosaur meat to the guy squatting next to him at dinner time. They should all be rounded up and sent to live in Antartica in swim suits.

10. binkydognose

binkydognose Tele-Afflicted

AAARRRRRGH! What a heart-breaker.
    I sure hope you're reunited.

11. markJcaster

markJcaster TDPRI Member

I HATE thieves. Sorry man. I hope somehow she finds her way back to you.

12. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

You Did make a report of the theft ,right?

13. SonicLou

SonicLou TDPRI Member

Sorry to hear about this...I know how much this hurts...

14. Gypsyblue

Gypsyblue Former Member

That's awful - but congratulations. Having your favorite ax stolen is a sign that you're now a real pro musician, because I don't know any professional guitarists who haven't had a precious ax stolen at one time or another. I lost my 1960 Gibson ES-355 in 1980 - still wonder where that wonderful guitar wound up and who's got it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  15. Flat357

Flat357 Banned

I hope you get it back soon - good luck.

16. tarts

tarts TDPRI Member

Is yours a Tokai? Craigslist of LA has one with a fender case and a personel headphone amp. Looks a lot like yours. I can't see your headstock very clear, but the string tree looks like it's in the same location.

17. Psyc4Life

Psyc4Life TDPRI Member

Jesus dude, that sucks..... I wish I could help. If you could give me a serial number I could tell my uncle about it, but even then, he's in LA so that probably wouldn't help any either. I would soo be freaking out a breaking stuff right now. Go get some crown and coke and forget yourself and do something crazy. While it won't help getting it back, it sure won't hurt anything and it'll pass some time.

18. TRogers2281

TRogers2281 Tele-Meister

wow, my condolences. Hope you get'er back :(

19. magicguitar

magicguitar Tele-Afflicted

Man that just sucks. Really hope things end on a positive note.

20. JeradP

JeradP Former Member

:cry: X 100
    That is a shame :(

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.