1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My T-Type Collection

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by greebo830, May 14, 2017.

1. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

Hi guys, just realized that I hadn't posted any pics of my my T-Types, so here goes.

[​IMG]
    Squier Standard Telecaster, Tanglewood Quocaster Status 62, Tanglewood Quocaster Status 30, James Nelligan EW3000

[​IMG]
    Aiersi "Albert Collins Inspired 66 Custom", Aiersi 68 Style Thinline, ESP Ltd Ronnie Wood Distressed, Aiersi "Micawber Inspired 72 Custom"

[​IMG]
    Harley Benton TE-52NA, Harley Benton TE-30(modifications inspired by 1954 Esquire)

[​IMG]
    Yamaha Pacifica 311MS (Mike Stern Signature model)

[​IMG]
    FAKE fender Standard Telecaster

[​IMG]
    My Crossroads Partscaster work in progress(old picture). I have been toying with this for quite a while trying to work out the specs. current specs are =

Mahogany body custom engraved
    Vintage tinted maple one piece neck
    Black Merle Haggard style pickguard
    Cut down GE Smith style 3 saddle bridge
    GFS "Slick Aged Fullerton pickup set" (Bridge direct Mounted)
    Kluson machine heads
    Control panel switched round with volume under bridge pickup and selector switch at back of plate

Closeup of Body
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Wow!

3. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm jelly.
    Beautiful guitars you have there.

4. koko1

koko1 TDPRI Member

Beautiful collection. Which one is your favourite?

5. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

Out of the guitars pictured here I would probably say that the Harley Benton TE-52NA & the TE-30 modded esquire and the James Nelligan electro acoustic are my main T-Type guitars. This is largely subjective though because my current guitar collection totals 108 guitars, so most of my guitars can go for a few weeks without regular playing (unless I'm gigging and need a certain guitar for the set).

Check out my full collection by clicking one of the pictures of a single guitar (group photos are only in photostream) and then following it to (my guitar collection) album on the page it opens.

6. lupowitz

lupowitz Tele-Afflicted

Lovely collection by all means, but this is not the Mike Stern Sig modell. That one is PAC1511MS, or the most recent one is called PAC1611MS. Althought the 311MS is cosmetically very similar it has different bridge, pickups and whatnot. And pricetag : MSRP:$3,299.00

7. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

I understand that is not what everybody knows as the Mike Stern Model but when Yamaha released tele style guitars in the Pacifica range then asked Mike if they could model one on his upmarket 1511MS and he agreed, he even did some photoshoots with the 311MS. Only the first 2 years models linked the guitar with Mike (rumour was he wasn't happy with the royalty deal he got on the 311MS). This particular guitar was the first one to enter the UK when they where released (I used for yamaha UK as a repairman back in the day and worked with both Neville Martin & Martyn Booth (designer of the MSG/Image guitar range) and got it direct from the factory, I think I still have the original receipt which listed it as a Mike Stern.

Here is a link to a Yamaha site still carrying info on the PAC311MS
    http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musi...sses/el-guitars/pacifica/pac311ms/?mode=model

(Excerpt from a interview with Neville Martin from his upcoming book on yamaha guitars)
    The high-end PAC1511MS has a solid swamp ash body, with a Seymour Duncan Humbucker pickup in the bridge position, and a Seymour Duncan "hot-rails" humbucker pickup in the bridge position, and a non-vibrato bridge with strings passing through the body. The entry level version of this Mike Stern signature model Pacifica is the PAC311MS. Both are Telecaster-style guitars similar in shape, but in the case of the PAC311MS controls are slanted rather than on a chrome plate parallel to the strings, there also was a PAC311S with a rosewood fngerboard. While the production of the 311MS and 311S lasted only a couple of years at the beginning of the nineties, the 1511MS has remained in production.

I can understand the confusion and don't want to sound a smartarse but like I said the first 2 years were advertised as a cheaper Mike Stern (At least in the UK and Europe)

8. lupowitz

lupowitz Tele-Afflicted

I stand corrected! I did not wanted to sound like a smartarse either, I only made my point because of the confusion. The 311MS is long gone, and people get shocked when they hunt for a Mike Stern model, and bump into a 1511MS, and see the pricetag.

9. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

No worries, thats the best thing about these forums, we all live and learn. To be honest Yamaha didn't do themselves any favours when they released the 311MS. I spoke to Neville Martin tis morning and he reminded me that the PAC 311S was also supposed to be linked to Mike Stern but he didn't like the rosewood fingerboard and also thought people would get confused by the models letter designation it would of been the PAC 311SMS.

10. John E

John E Friend of Leo's

Pffft. That's all?

LOL

hemingway likes this.
  11. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Are you of the "I'm never stopping" school, or the "just one more" school of guitar collectors?

12. greebo830

greebo830 Tele-Meister

Hi my name is John and I'm a guitar addict,

I would have to say that I flip/flop between I'm never stopping and Just one more. In the last 21 years I have owned 296 guitars, my current collection is 108.

I'm very lucky. My mortage is paid off, I don't smoke, only drink on special occasions - this is my vice. I'm lucky enough to have a very understanding missus who sees guitars as funtional pieces of art. Do I think my addiction is out of hand? sometimes but then again the way I look at it is, as long as long as it doesn't affect my family, then its not really a problem.

A picture of my living room (Picture taken in 2015 -theres a few more guitars there now)
    [​IMG]

The painting in the picture is called Raw Panels II and was painted by Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  13. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Holic

HOLY $#!+, Batman.

awasson likes this.
  14. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

IMG_2415.JPG

15. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Wow! And there’s I am thinking somewhere around 10 Guitars might be getting excessive. I don’t think I could curate such a large collection. I think I’d feel bad about neglecting the ones I wasn’t playing.

I’ve mostly only had one guitar at a time until the past 5 or 6 years. Now I’ve got 7 Plus a couple of projects. I’m loving the variety of having several guitars to choose from. If I go out, I’ll grab one with humbuckers and one with single coils.

The Tele’s in your first post are pretty nice. That emerald green Tanglewood caught my eye right away and of course the Mike Stern model. I saw him a couple of years ago with Eric Johnson. I didn’t realize his guitar had humbuckers.

Anyway, nice collection you’ve got there.

16. ArchiMark

ArchiMark TDPRI Member

Holy Moly, John!!!!!

That's quite the collection....Some real lookers there....

And I nominate your statement about an "understanding missus" for understatement of the year award!

I only have 2 guitars (archtop & classical) right now, want to get a third (Tele, of course...) and know my better half will ask what do I need a third one for?

Mark

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.