My Son In Action With His Band. Amarillo By Morning.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I was fortunate to have been working for the soundco when George Strait played a local country music festival when Amarillo By Morning was on the charts. What an experience! The entire band was so talented, and Strait is one of the kindest stars you will ever meet.

harpdog

Tele-Afflicted
Wow, wonderful rendition and recording! Great band! That fiddle part always gets to my heart, and your son's guitar playing sounds great.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
This is one of my favorite George Strait songs, and my band has done it “straight” and a parody version about dead armadillos on the roadside called “Armadillos in Mourning”…(my bad is the Screamin’ Armadillos, so it fitting).

Your son’s crew did a good job.

I had a pickup like that once. It was better after I replaced the steering mechanism and the u-joints.

I didn't mean any offense to Texans about the fine roads I have driven throughout the state. I meant to imply the sheer enormity of Texas makes one notice how many miles it takes to get through the state. I have always enjoyed rolling through Texas. It looks so very different than my native New England, and that always excites me when I travel.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
I didn't mean any offense to Texans about the fine roads I have driven throughout the state. I meant to imply the sheer enormity of Texas makes one notice how many miles it takes to get through the state. I have always enjoyed rolling through Texas. It looks so very different than my native New England, and that always excites me when I travel.
No offense taken…one of the reasons so many Texas songwriters and performers write about roads and driving is the fact that we judge a trip’s distance by hours, not minutes…

My comment about my truck was a takeoff of an old joke about a rich Texas rancher talking to a poor Texas rancher:
Rich rancher: “You know, my ranch is so big that I can wake up in the morning and drive all day in one direction, and I still won’t have left my property before noon!”

Poor rancher: “I used to have a pickup like that!”