My Son In Action With His Band. Amarillo By Morning.

Tenderfoot

Tele-Afflicted
Thought some may enjoy this. My son in the studio. He's the bearded one playing the Nash T-52 tele.

Great video and good guitar licks by your son. Singer is also good and this song would go over well if played on Willie's Roadhouse.

The steel guitar player caught my attention as his jacket looks like one that Dwight Yoakam's band members wear.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
That is absolutely fantastic! I love the smiles shared by the band members in the final seconds of the video. They deserve to smile after producing something that beautiful. Great job!

It is a little ironic to hear Amarillo By Morning for me, as a native New Englander. It seems that every time I have driven coast to coast, my goal usually works out to be Amarillo by evening. But that is just the way the miles tick on by. As Townes wrote in Snowin on Raton, "You cannot count the miles until you feel them," and you definitely feel each and every mile driving through Texas.

Last edited:

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
This is one of my favorite George Strait songs, and my band has done it “straight” and a parody version about dead armadillos on the roadside called “Armadillos in Mourning”…(my band is the Screamin’ Armadillos, so it fitting).

Your son’s crew did a good job.

…you definitely feel each and every mile driving through Texas.
I had a pickup like that once. It was better after I replaced the steering mechanism and the u-joints.

Last edited: