1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My son doesn't like Motley Crue

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Dec 18, 2012.

1. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

I have grown to enjoy Motley Crue as I have gotten older. I take them for what they are ( a garage band that become an arena garage band ) and enjoy the hooks.

2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nah, it just means that their taste in music isn't the same as yours.

3. Breen

Breen Friend of Leo's

I like, nay love, old timey, jazz from cool/bebop to 'fusion', Stones, Carol King, old country, new country, blues, jam bands, bluegrass, Chris Isaac, Christopher Cross, guitarwankery, some pop...

I started from punk/classic rock/metal.

I NEVER OUTGREW THEM. Just came back from a bar with a band playing Nirvana to Dio, Maiden to Joe Satriani. Just sharing my experience.

Good music is good music.

4. Breen

Breen Friend of Leo's

That's pretty ignorant & judgemental, but as Frodebro says, it just means they are their own individuals.

5. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Slavantas opened for Saxon, they actually got in touch with us and they couldn't have been nicer guys. They gave us a lot of tips on how to get further in the metal scene and how to improve our profile.

Of course that was before our singer's dog died and he drowned himself in alcohol and basically let the band bleed to death.

6. Kitty

Kitty Tele-Meister

It's like anything over the years the definition has changed as what metal is.
    I still like Motley Crue, Shout at the Devil was their best album and like other bands put out good ones and some stinkers. I also absolutely loved Ratt. ( Don't care for the current incarnation. They're just not the same without Robbin)

Now in my opinion "Metal" is Iron Maiden, Motorthead, Dio etc etc
    Some of what people are calling metal nowadays barely passes for anything but sounding like someone dying and screaming in pain. Stop it. no. just stop it..

I do like Rammstein though, I have several cd's. lol

7. stevehyphen

stevehyphen Tele-Meister

The punk in me believes that N.W.A's Straight Outta Compton gives a better representation of what life around L.A. was like in the 80's than some Hollywood band ever will. :D

8. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Holic

Yep.

9. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

Sadly, Priest went glam(ish) too.

10. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

Remember the old trend in the '80s of sewing patches onto the backs of denim jackets? Usually you'd have a big one in the middle section and smaller ones above and below? For the middle section of mine I had the one that showed the cover from Saxon's Crusader album. I think I had a smaller Zeppelin one at the top and Priest or Maiden at the bottom but I don't really remember the smaller ones as well as I do the big Saxon one.

I burned some CDs for the car the other day and one of them was compiled of various tracks from three rock/metal bands from back in the '80s and Saxon was one of them (Princess of the Night, Denim and Leather, Sailing to America, and a couple of others).

11. StarliteDeVille

StarliteDeVille Tele-Meister

[/QUOTE]
    Wow. It seems like I remember not liking a bunch of stuff (esp. pop) from this period, but I would listen to all of this, except for the Journey, Foreigner, and Rick Springfield.

12. J_Okay

J_Okay TDPRI Member

You could say they were...

"Breaking the law"'s of metal...

Yyyyeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh

13. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

:D

They started to suck when they released Turbo. They were always more pop(ish) than bands like Maiden but were still a great band. Turbo, however, really turned me off - and I was a diehard Priest fan before then.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  14. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

I'm with your son on this one...

15. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah Turdo sucked

16. Matty D

Matty D TDPRI Member

Same here, I sure hope my son doesn't develop a taste for the Crue! And of course with the way things work, he'll end up loving them. And he'll play drums.

17. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Interestingly, I actually liked Turbo, which was released my senior year in high school. I had their entire catalog (all the way back to Rocka Rolla) on vinyl, and was a hardcore fan. Painkiller was where I lost interest, for me it was just a bit too aggressive. But I liked Turbo, synth guitars and all.

18. Skub

Skub Poster Extraordinaire

Lots of posts using music as a weapon.

It's ok,it's not compulsory just yet for everyone to have the same taste,no need to get upset if a song or group isn't to your liking.

19. Jack FFR1846

Jack FFR1846 Tele-Afflicted

My 16 year old son loves Motley Crew and Judus Priest etc. I hate all that stuff. I grew up on Black Sabbath and Van Halen and Iron Butterfly.

20. 20721

20721 Former Member

I'll never know, I lived a hundred miles away, but damn if that isn't one of the best albums ever made by anyone.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.