1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My series of videos featuring the POD HD500X

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by PeterH, Apr 22, 2015.

1. PeterH

PeterH TDPRI Member

Hi everyone,

I've put together a series of videos featuring the POD HD500X. They are demos and tutorials about patch creation, fitting guitars into a mix etc.

I've also made all the patches featured in the videos available (site mentioned in the video).

They seem to have helped a number of users so if there is anyone here that uses the POD I hope they'll come in handy.

I hope that I'm not infringing any rules by posting this here. If so I apologise and I'll remove them.

Cheers,

Peter.

2. wwit

wwit Tele-Holic

Thanks for sharing your video's.

I have watched countless hours of YouTube Pod HD500x video's and these are the best one yet.

3. majorbugout

majorbugout Tele-Meister

Thanks for posting these.

4. PeterH

PeterH TDPRI Member

It was my pleasure. Thanks for yours and "majorbugout's" comments.

It does take a lot of time to put them together but I have had excellent feedback from users that have found them very helpful.

I have since uploaded the 4th video in the series which features some of the new amps in the Metal and Vintage model packs.

Cheers,

Peter.

5. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

These videos are great viewing, especially the second one. That one alone should be required viewing for all new POD owners.

There are some powerful EQ tools in the POD, and as we can hear there's much to be gained when you spend just a little time with it.

6. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

Thank you for your videos. I can see a lot of time and thought has gone into preparing them.

As a newbie to modelling, I soon felt "left behind" in your videos. Specifically, when you get to the part where you isolate the "annoying frequencies" I can't see what you are doing on the board.When you get to the offending frequency on the parametric eq do you then go to "gain" and roll it off? If so....what does that actually do? Is that like turning down the 3k on an eq?

J5

7. PeterH

PeterH TDPRI Member

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm "notching" out the offending frequency which I found to be around the 3k mark. Obviously this will change depending on what cab, mic etc that you've selected for your model.

The reason that I showed in the video how to "zone" in on the annoying frequency by first boosting the gain is that on the POD HD500X, Line 6 decided to use percentages instead of actual Hz and dBs.

It has confused a number of users. By first boosting and then sweeping it will allow you to use your ears and get accustomed to finding those harsh tones and then by narrowing your "Q" setting, dialling them out.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with your modelling.

Cheers,

Peter.

8. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

Awesome. Just one more question. when you go to frequency and find the offending "harsh tones", you then use knob#3 and change from "frequency" to "gain" the gain is always set where you last left it. (ie: if you find frequency at 82% was harsh and you dial it down to say, 26%, then you go back and also don't like the frequency at say, 70% , when you switch to "gain" again its automatically at 26% from where you left off.)

Am I doing this correctly?

J5

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  9. PeterH

PeterH TDPRI Member

Yes, however you can't dial more than one frequency band with the parametric eq on the HD500X.

If you find that there are still other frequencies that need tweaking, you'll need to add another parametric eq into your chain and then apply it.

10. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

Ohhhhhh THAT explains it! Thank you sir I look forward to your new videos!

J5

11. PeterH

PeterH TDPRI Member

You're welcome.

12. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

I look forward to spending some time with these videos. I'm considering one of these to interface with GarageBand.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.