My school closed today

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jupiter, Feb 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Friend of Leo's

I was sure I replied to a thread of yours a few days ago, but could not find it. Hope I was not the reason it disappeared. Like most contributors I commented on hopes for the safety of friends, family and the population in general in affected areas. It is a very interconnected world we live in.

2. hopdybob

hopdybob Tele-Afflicted

well, it were not my recommendations but from our government and health departments.;)
    personal hygiene is everything and if the virus is in the country/neighborhood avoid places like bars, and other crowed s were you can't have a distance if needed from a 1 meter to 2.
    whe have to sit this one out, like a hurricane and use our common sense

EsquireBoy likes this.
  3. hopdybob

hopdybob Tele-Afflicted

well , there is news that we have a second one in Amsterdam i think.
    so it could spread fast.

4. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Stay safe. Ya, saw the entire country closed schools for a month.

5. glenlivet

glenlivet Tele-Meister

Wash your hands...Often....at least 30 Seconds under warm /hot water with soap.
    Keep your hands under your chin....don't rub your face / eyes / hair etc....keep your hands away from your mouth / head.
    Use bleach wipes on door handles / light switches / toilet handles etc.... (anything that you or others touch often with your hands.... wipe it down)
    Avoid densely packed areas if you can....places where you are put up-close to strangers.
    If you feel ill....go to the doctor....don't wait.

6. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

My biggest problem is this is smack in the worst hay fever time of the year for me: cedar and then cypress trees. :( My eyes and nose are often itching, and it’s really hard to avoid rubbing. Can’t count how many times a day I touch my face...

But we got some alcohol spray and I use that frequently.

Censport likes this.
  7. skitched

skitched Tele-Meister

My wife and I are awaiting finalizing an international adoption in SW Asia right now...it appears that this is going to be a longer process than normal now...we were hoping to fly over in April, so hopefully we will still be able to safely.

8. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

maybe you can do something fun while on the break... might be a nice time to go on a cruise!

9. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

10. Treehouse

Treehouse TDPRI Member

:eek:

11. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

getbent is brutal......lol :lol: Good luck Jupiter and everyone else. I was going to put up a PSA but most of you have the idea. I work in a hospital. The training started almost immediately to fight the ghost. Within a day or two at the beginning we made sure we had the personal gear and resources for our 3000 employees to fight the ghost. We were inspected and challenged on proper procedures to handle the ghost when it appears. We were questioned, we were retrained. We had a mock alert and put on our protective gear and prioritized procedures. We clean now more than we did. I can guarantee in my hospital we clean constantly, everything even the smallest inconsequential things.

Yesterday we had a mandatory Ghost information meeting. Mandatory for 3000 employees and you signed in with a number. You could sign in on a computer and watch the meeting live video or you could sign in and just listen. You could sign in on your phone and just listen. You could go to the auditorium in person. Each person had a number that we require them to take one hour minimum out of their schedules to listen up.

We were given information by 6 different speakers including a doctor a pharmacist, a nurse educator, chief of nursing and an administrator. We were given the description of the Ghost, how it appears, where has it been, the statistics of its' appearance and the probabilities.

This Ghost has caused 3000 people to up their game and fight against it. 3000 people know more now than they did.They go out into their own worlds knowing more about the fight than the Ghost itself.

Please take time to listen to more about this. Be prepared and aware even of the simplest things. Don't be afraid to change your ways just a bit to insure we all can keep meeting here in a Ghost Free Zone. :D

dented

Jupiter, P-Nutz, Censport and 3 others like this.
  12. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

Be safe out there, my telecaster brethren! The world always needs cool guitar players.

13. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Thread closed.

There are many places on the web for you to get information and discuss this.

TDPRI is not one of them.

Off Topic does not mean Any Topic

boris bubbanov and P-Nutz like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.