1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My proximity to greatness

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Norton72, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Norton72

Norton72 Tele-Afflicted

We live way out in the boonies on a large piece of property. About halfway down our driveway, which is about a half mile long, is a dumpster that is shared by nine households and is managed by one of my neighbors. I stopped by my neighbor's house this weekend to pay my portion of the bill and mentioned a vehicle I saw last Friday form which some folks were unloading trash into the dumpster. We suspect that there are unauthorized deposits made to the dumpster, so I was wondering if my neighbor might know who they were. They were indeed "authorized users", and it turns out the guy is a well known guitarist who has worked with Rick Derringer, Rod Stewart, Alice Cooper and Steppenwolf.

I thought that was cool.

2. Norton72

Norton72 Tele-Afflicted

I thought maybe I could go dumpster diving for picks or something.

3. wutmornin

wutmornin Tele-Holic

they are everywhere. When I was inducted as a volunteer firefighter I found I lived among many celebs and millionaires, tucked away here and there among us commoners here in the willamette valley wine country. Always hoped some celebrity starlet actress would get her big toe stuck in a bathtub spigot and need a rescue but no luck........

they are just folk and like most folk want no special attention in public places. Leave them alone or they will leave you alone every time the opportunity arises.

4. Norton72

Norton72 Tele-Afflicted

Yep.

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Sharing a dumpster with someone famous. I can't beat that.

6. Sideways Jaye

Sideways Jaye Tele-Meister

Living in Charlottesville, it's hard to swing a dead cat and not hit a celebrity, Howie Long, Sissy Spacek, John Grisham, Dave Matthews and many others of the minor variety. People here were actually relieved when Sam Shepherd and Jessica Lange left because they were so unpleasant, especially Sam. Howie is surprisingly nice. Former UVA basketball coach Pete Gillen is one of the nicest humans you'll ever meet.

7. Norton72

Norton72 Tele-Afflicted

Garbage has no boundaries.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.