Gold Supporter

Attachments

• 1642610311892.png
    1642610311892.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

kLyon

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
The Matador was quite possibly the ugliest car ever made.
I agree. I remember when they were new; wondering why anyone would buy them.
The Pacer and Gremlin? Positively elegant by comparison.
Someone should film a mockumentary about the design process of that car; it had to have been a bad collection of committee decisions.... but if it was a single designer's vision, I'd love to know more about him/her))

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I agree. I remember when they were new; wondering why anyone would buy them.
The Pacer and Gremlin? Positively elegant by comparison.
Someone should film a mockumentary about the design process of that car; it had to have been a bad collection of committee decisions.... but if it was a single designer's vision, I'd love to know more about him/her))
Seems to me there was some kind of documentary on the History Channel @ American Motors.
Weird stuff - my best buddy in high school's family car was a Hornet wagon.
They actually made a Gremlin GT or some such - stuffed a V8 into it and joined the muscle car explosion.
But the Matador ... wow, it looks like a somewhat normal car that got squished and its eyes bugged out.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
Then, songs had limited lifetimes. Only on the radio for a while, then gone. LPs went out of print. Out with the old, in with the new. Now nothing is lost.
Not really sure this is true. A lot of 60s and 70s bands were still playing in the 80s, despite the lack of newer hits.

Out of print wasn't a problem either, with lots of used record shops with affordable prices.

drumtime

Tele-Afflicted
I was sitting at a traffic light one day several years ago, and I heard the Dead blasting from a car approaching from behind. It pulled up next to me, and it turned out to be my daughter. Proud moment! Three of my four kids like all of the old stuff, but only that one listens much. The youngest (31) listens mostly to current, rap-like stuff.