My passion for music is greater than my skill but...

4 Cat Slim

Poster Extraordinaire
Welcome to our group here. I hope you can find the information you seek
to put together your first project. Good luck, wishing you long hours playing music that you enjoy!

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
That's a nice stable of guitars you've got there. Congratulations.

It's probably a silly thing but I love it when I see another players guitar collection contain both electric and acoustic guitars. It's like loving your chosen instrument from it's origins on into all the changes made to it over the years. I'm a huge lover of electric guitar tone but would feel lost without one or more acoustics in the herd. Currently it's twelve electrics and four acoustics with 12 string versions included in both. In my case I write music 90 % of the time using acoustics and perform music 90% of the time using electric. I think acoustics keep me focused on the basic song itself while electrics interrupt the writing flow with thoughts of tonal adjustments, effects, etc., etc. To a writer an acoustic is a fresh piece of blank paper to fill with what's in their head.

MrCoolGuy

Tele-Afflicted
That's a nice stable of guitars you've got there. Congratulations.

It's probably a silly thing but I love it when I see another players guitar collection contain both electric and acoustic guitars. It's like loving your chosen instrument from it's origins on into all the changes made to it over the years. I'm a huge lover of electric guitar tone but would feel lost without one or more acoustics in the herd. Currently it's twelve electrics and four acoustics with 12 string versions included in both. In my case I write music 90 % of the time using acoustics and perform music 90% of the time using electric. I think acoustics keep me focused on the basic song itself while electrics interrupt the writing flow with thoughts of tonal adjustments, effects, etc., etc. To a writer an acoustic is a fresh piece of blank paper to fill with what's in their head.
Well said.

RedSpyderX

TDPRI Member
Just wanted to give you an update! I finished my project. Its on the Tele Depot. For some reason I cant link it.

Title is "My First Build (Donner DTC-100 Makeover)"

Last edited:

Beachbum

Poster Extraordinaire
The passion for music has always been truly alive in Puerto Rico. I met my Wife in Ponce when I was playing in a Navy sanctioned club band at Fort Allen Naval Com. Center. Our lead guitar player and bassist were from Ponce as well. Best rhythm section I've ever played with. Viva Borinquen.

Fort Allen 1969
1664329594325.png

RedSpyderX

TDPRI Member
The passion for music has always been truly alive in Puerto Rico. I met my Wife in Ponce when I was playing in a Navy sanctioned club band at Fort Allen Naval Com. Center. Our lead guitar player and bassist were from Ponce as well. Best rhythm section I've ever played with. Viva Borinquen.

Fort Allen 1969
View attachment 1033900

Viva Borinquen! Thats pretty cool!!! Are you sir in this picture? I wonder if the PR musicians are still active in our local music scene.

Beachbum

Poster Extraordinaire
Viva Borinquen! Thats pretty cool!!! Are you sir in this picture? I wonder if the PR musicians are still active in our local music scene.

I'm the one sharing a microphone with the girl on my right. The one playing guitar is named Victor Verdicia and the one on bass is Tony Fuentes. Unfortunately I lost contact with them many many years ago.