My old Marshall is coming home tomorrow.

Cali Dude

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats to you. What you have overcome, and accomplished is a true measure of strength. Mental health battles are tough to beat, and even harder to maintain. Keep up the fight. Hearing your story was uplifting.

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
Sounds like success on multiple levels. Nicely done my man.

I wish I had my first Marshall head back. I bought it for $350. JCM800….
I wanna say that’s about what I paid for the JCM800 2205 (Tom Morello amp) that I used to have. I sold it for six or seven hundred? I don’t even wanna look at what they’re going for now.

My very first ever Marshall was a ‘76 50 watt JMP head and matching 4x12. I bought the whole half-stack in a pawn shop for $300. I kept it for years, but finally let it go when it was worth a whole lot more than I paid for it, and there was just no place to play it anymore. We didn’t know about things like attenuators back then. The only ones were the Scholz Powersoak and the Marshall Powerbreak. And they both sounded like doodoo.

I distinctly remember buying the 100 watt 4102 to have a “small” gig amp with a master volume. Lol.
Ah, I love a good Marshall story.

My first tube amp was an '85 2205. Got it for $500. Traded it in at a loss if I recall. Yeah...they sell for a lot more now.........

And probably the best amp I ever had was a '79 JMP 2203 in white tolex. Gain on full, and roll back the volume on the guitar for one of the best clean tones I've ever heard, and turn it up to rock. Should've held onto that one.

Got a JCM 800 Studio now. It's a great compromise in usable size, weight, and wattage, and still has the classic tone in spades.

Congrats on reuniting with your amp. Marshall for life!

JDRNoPro

Friend of Leo's
You have certainly been through quite an ordeal and I am glad you are in a good place now!

Also very happy for you being able to get your Marshall back.......you have a good friend!!

Esquire Jones

Tele-Holic
Ah, I love a good Marshall story.

My first tube amp was an '85 2205. Got it for $500. Traded it in at a loss if I recall. Yeah...they sell for a lot more now.........

And probably the best amp I ever had was a '79 JMP 2203 in white tolex. Gain on full, and roll back the volume on the guitar for one of the best clean tones I've ever heard, and turn it up to rock. Should've held onto that one.

Got a JCM 800 Studio now. It's a great compromise in usable size, weight, and wattage, and still has the classic tone in spades.

Congrats on reuniting with your amp. Marshall for life!
My 800 head was a 1987 Model I think.

What a fool I was to trade it in.

I still have the 4x12 cab (now with G12m and G12H speakers. Lots of miles on that cab. The Tuki cover helped keep it in one piece.

FYI I traded it in for a first run 5150 in 1992. I still have that beast now 30 years later. And it’s been a great amp!

But, boy do I miss that Marshall…

markal

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats. You’re an institution around here, and I bet you’re a well-respected member of your music and overall community. Didn’t know about your story but glad you’re feeling well again.

Rock on with that beast! I wouldn’t want to carry it either but I hope it raises the hair on your arms when you get to crank it up on stage!!

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
It sounds exactly like I remember it. I can’t for the life of me figure out why 900s still get a bad rap with a lot of Marshall people. No, it doesn’t sound like a Plexi. But it’s a killer sounding amp. The only real downside to these is that the reverb is nothing to write home about. But duh, it’s a Marshall.
I am glad you got the amp back. The reason why many people don’t care for the Dual Reverb JCM 900 amps is that the entire preamp as well as the reverb are in the solid state domain…and one can hear that. If one likes it, then it is an amp for them. It has a Marshall logo, but it does not sound like a 5F6A-based Marshall…which is what all great Marshall amps are, ime/imho.
It does have a Marshall logo on it which ime aids in selling the amp. Hey, I had a young fellow get mad at me because I did not want to sell a non-functioning Marshall amp…and it was an all solid state amp with digital circuitry. I told him I needed to repair the input Jack before I could sell it And to check back with me. He never did. Lol…..

bluesholyman

Friend of Leo's
And… She’s home. For good.

So glad that you were able to get your old friend back and more importantly that you pulled out of the nose dive back then and are flying level again. I always appreciate your straight-forward and balanced input on the various threads. Glad you are here.

Rock on!