1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My new small body Ozark 3740

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by dan79, Jul 24, 2010.

1. dan79

dan79 Tele-Holic

Hi guys - I've been looking for an acoustic for a while and finally settled on this little beauty - an Ozark 3740 Small Body 'L' Model.

For a small body guitar, she really sounds full and bassy - it blew the Yamaha FG750S I was also looking at right out the water! I was mainly looking for something to just play in the house; so nothing to big or bulky - this suits me perfectly! Its really comfortable to play and the fit and finish is top class. Solid spruce top and soild mahogany back and sides.

It also has an Artec transducer and endpin jack preamp which may come in useful for playing live or recording. Came with a lovely deluxe hard case too - all for £299 :D:cool:

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DMRoller

DMRoller Tele-Meister

Nice!! Thanks for posting the pics.

Dale

3. Gham

Gham Tele-Meister

love the looks!! I checked em out(online),no U.S. distribution that I could find

4. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

Where did you find that please?

I've been looking for a small body acoustic and will be visiting Cumbria soon.

Ozark also do banjos etc, they're imports so may be distributed/re-badged under other names elsewhere around the world

5. dan79

dan79 Tele-Holic

Hey jfrs - enjoy your visit to Cumbria - where abouts you staying?

I actually bought the guitar in Glasgow - my wifes from there so I always buy my guitars from there!

I got it from Merchant City Music - great little shop, I've bought from them many times. They do online too: www.guitar.co.uk

I highly recommend this guitar - its a lovely acoustic with a great tone :cool:

6. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

Yeah, I think Johnson and Recording King are the same guitars with different logos.

7. dobro1937

dobro1937 NEW MEMBER!

Hi, do you still like your Ozark,I need a small body but with a wide fingerboard for finger picking. Could you tell me what the string spacing is at the nut please. I'm looking for more than 1and 7/16". Thanks

8. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

Recording King makes a guitar that's similar but it's not a solid back or sides. I've been jonesing for a little guy like that for a while ...Sweet.

9. Iceman

Iceman Tele-Holic

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  10. dan79

dan79 Tele-Holic

Hi dobro1937 - the Ozark is a great guitar to have just lying around the house and picking up for a little play - its the only acoustic I will ever need because it is ideal for fingerpicking and strumming. I wouldn't say the fingerboard is very wide though - its quite narrow and ideal for chords. I'm away on holiday for a couple of weeks but when I get back I'll measure the string spacing and let you know:cool:

11. delb0y

delb0y Tele-Meister

Beautiful. I could be tempted, too. Great price and with a case, too. I'm very impressed.

Derek

12. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I like that 14 fret neck (versus a 12) on a small guitar. What's the scale length?

13. rjes

rjes Tele-Meister

Sweet Lookin' for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

14. dan79

dan79 Tele-Holic

BigdaddyLH, scale length is 629mm (24.75 inches).

Thanks everyone for the comments - sure is a sweet guitar and I can't recommend it highly enough :cool:

15. msfenderarg

msfenderarg Friend of Leo's

Nice guitar Dan!
    Congratultions!
    oh;.. and while we're at it (sorta)... Does anybody know if the Epi el-00 is still in production?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.