My new Ibanez JS1600

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by jman72, Sep 16, 2019.

1. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

Ok, no Tele content, but man, I love my new Ibanez JS1600 (well, 2009 model, but in immaculate condition). Mahogany body, hardtail Gotoh bridge, locking tuners, PAF Pro and Fred pickups. All topped off by a beautiful metallic silver finish. What's not to love! And it looks great on stage next to my JS1200 and homebrew 5e3.

Sure, I love my Fenders, but after many years of playing, these Ibanez JS guitars just can't be beat. Now, with a hardtail and a trem version, my other guitars are getting really lonely.

guitars.jpg

Area51, MDent77, studio1087 and 4 others like this.
  2. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

I’m a huge Ibanez fan as many here are no doubt tired of me saying.
    Both of those in the pic are quite beautiful, love the red.
    Actually that’s a pretty fancy rig you got there.

3. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Meister

o.k. , o.k. already ibanez makes some great guitars, yes and that :eek:red is to died for, :cool: the silver is hot'cha as well,. I'm happy for you.

I've owned an AX Gio over three decades and , yes I did switch to Dimarzio pickups...., it wangs, tangs, the whole shebang. what else is there to say less than $200.00 for a guitar that has endured the test of time to me is a good deal

jman72 likes this.
  4. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

Thanks, I've always been a huge Ibanez fan, too (all the way back to the late 80's). And I have more pedals than I need, but can you really have too many?;)

5. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I love the color. They look so comfy. Light a slightly shrunken Strat.

Enjoy!

Cool photo by the way.

jman72 likes this.
  6. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Afflicted

Very nice. I especially like the hardtail. Ibanez makes such a wide range of guitars, a favorite manufacturer of mine.

jman72 likes this.
  7. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

Yep, I played a Strat exclusively for 25 years, and when I got the red JS1200, I never looked back. It's exactly like a sleek, rounded Strat (and the neck is very Strat-like, not like the flat Wizard necks that so many people associate with Ibanez). They also have the coil-tapped pickups (push-pull pots), so I can get that single coil voicing if I want it.

All in all, I can't recommend these JS guitars highly enough. I admit that I wish I liked my Fenders and Gibsons as much, but I keep coming back to the versatility and playability of these guitars.

studio1087 likes this.
  8. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Ibanez fan here too..

I have an old through neck RG which has a killer flame and an S series with Bare Knuckle pickups with a quilted top you could sleep under.

The quality of the wood they source for the price has to make you question the ethics of some US companies.

jman72 likes this.
  9. Area51

Area51 Tele-Holic

Big Iby fan myself:)

jman72 likes this.
  10. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice score on the JS1600. JS's (and their predecessors/cousins the 540 Radius models) have been my favorite Ibanez models since their introduction.

jman72 likes this.
  11. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

Yep, for the price they are incredible guitars (for any price, really), but the quality of the Prestige line is second to none.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.