My new Christmas Single!

Jakeboy

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks all. Just like our last holiday song in 2017, we decided to do it at the last minute, write in in 2 days, and recorded it in less than a day, mixed & mastered in a day each. Sometimes, working under the gun produces good results as you have to commit and move on.

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
NIIICE. Sounds real good man. Nice mix and sounds. Can I ask how you're recording bass? It sounds great. Guitar sounds are nice too. Love the voice. I didn't catch all the words the first time. I vote for posting lyrics up. :)

Jakeboy

Tele-Afflicted
AC played bass. I *believe* he went direct into a Neve 73 style
preamp, but I’ll ask to be sure as I don’t remember.

Jakeboy

Tele-Afflicted
Lyrics as requested…

Pandemic

Christmas these days, just ain’t quite the same

Openin’ gifts on zoom calls is really kinda lame

But I guess we should all be grateful, that at least we’ve got that

But I miss ole Sanny Claus and his silly red hat

CH - we want Christmas of 2019

We’re sick and tired of this quarantine scene

We want Christmas of 2019 no masks or jabs, know what I mean?

V2 Christmas this year, just ain’t the same, they say families can’t gather,

can’t call each other naughty names

Well I’ve already decided, Im putting up a Christmas tree,

And I don’t even care if nobody sees it but me.

CH2 - we want Christmas of days gone by

This distant revelry it makes me wanna cry

We want Christmas of yesteryear

with the loved ones we’ve lost

and without all this fear

V3 A pandemic Christmas, it just ain’t the same, I need to think right, get my head back in the game.

Let the Christmas light shine as only it’s able, cause the Christ child was born in a Bethlehem stable.

CH3 This ain’t Christmas like we used to see, but that’s ok if you know what Christmas really means

Lets think about the reason for the season, like Christmases before

And a Merry pandemic Christmas, to you and yours

Jakeboy

Tele-Afflicted
@FortyEight , I was mistaken…AC used his Bronco bass with Rumpel blade pickup into Sebatron Axis 200vu tube preamp Pushed a bit for color. From there into an 1176 or LA500 opto compressor.That’s the hardware.

Once in the PC, he added the Fuse Audio Vpre-376 preamp plugin and Waves J37 tape plugin for more color.

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Oh snap, tube pre amp. 1176?? Hardware? You got good stuff.....

Nice lyrics!! Thanks for posting.

My last bass was pbass all the way tone and volume, rumble 40, beta 58 12" away from cone, line out. no effects. It's not as good as yours. :) I'm happier with it than some of the other stuff I've done though. The time before this I had a mxr dyna comp on it and I think the clean was actually a bit better. Although they both are OK. Although actually I had the mic set up way different for that one. Might change my story if I did the mics the same.

Jakeboy

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah, AC REALLY got a nice bass tone on that one. When I am playing bass I usually run into a Never 73 clone preamp direct and I also will mic either a tweed Champ (yes for bass…into a beefy 12) or a bigger Fender type amp Also into that preamp.One will hit an 1176 clone on the way in and I’ll use plugins on the other. I then blend the two.