My new, 2022, Indian motorcycle!

Oxidao

Tele-Holic
I read Indian... and this came right away.
images.jpeg

Are you sure you wouldn't rather have a Beech Staggerwing?
Both Man, we're talking to J.B.
I need to try to update my 'lifelong motorcycle ownership list' one of these days, I might lose track.
Pictures please

Preciosa Moto!
650 Parallel Twins are delicious.

DanglingNutslots

Tele-Meister
No, NOT, a Polaris Indian motorcycle...we're talking about a REAL Indian motorcycle here, like, from India.

It's a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

If I'm not served divorce papers before then, I'll be driving to Marne, Iowa next week (or so) to pick it up and haul it back here (Rapid City area).

View attachment 945103
What a beauty. So simple and timeless. Kick start only? I've lost track of these.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I read Indian... and this came right away.
View attachment 947420

Both Man, we're talking to J.B.

Pictures please

Preciosa Moto!
650 Parallel Twins are delicious.

I drove 1,114 miles in total, fetching and then hauling the bike home yesterday. Took off at 5:15 AM, getting back at 12:45 AM this morning, about nineteen hours in the whole journey, with about two hours spent at the dealership while they swapped gas tanks and installed the rear parcel rack.

My intention was to purchase a painted/chrome fuel tank for the bike sometime after getting the bike home, but they just happened to have a red/chrome gas tank in stock, so I made a buy/trade deal for my orange tank for the flashier one. Doing so cost a bit more, but saved me from ordering one from India off of eBay, and hoping it was in good condition, whenever it arrived...IF it arrived, times being what they are, and all that.

Now all I need to complete the bike is to get a pair of proper black rubber fuel tank kneepads, a set of short 'lowbars' with round bar end mirrors, and that's about it.

It's a gorgeous machine, and will certainly be a lot of fun at the Sturgis rally next August, not to mention my almost daily rides up to Deadwood through the Black Hills for my early morning coffee runs the other eight months of the year.
IMG_20220201_161839321_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220201_160718060.jpg

Last edited:

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I might decide to have the seat recovered, I'm not really very fond of the criss-cross pattern on the original. I might choose to have it redone in plain black vinyl with grey sides and off-white piping. We'll see. It would be quite 'period' done that way.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I test-fitted the gas tank parcel rack that I bought at the dealership yesterday. It looks pretty good on both the Enfield and the W800, so I may get a second for the Kawasaki.
IMG_20220202_151205777.jpg

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
The good part is that because the tank rack is mounted using small silicone suction cups, it is instantly removable, and without damaging the paint finish.

You have great taste in bikes! ( and the accessories)

I know this may be blasphemy, but do you like Vespas or similar scooters?
Ever ridden or owned?

I think they are beautiful too

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
You have great taste in bikes! ( and the accessories)

I know this may be blasphemy, but do you like Vespas or similar scooters?
Ever ridden or owned?

I think they are beautiful too

We've owned four Suzuki Burgman 650's since 2006. I bought the last one, a 2013, about three years ago, rode it a season, than traded it in for another motorcycle.

I miss them though, and think about getting another one every now and then, they're great bikes, and one of the most overlooked and underrated machines there is.

I've wanted a Vespa GTS300 for years, but they're relatively expensive, which is fine, but about the time I start to get serious about finally getting one, I run into a deal on an interesting motorcycle and get lured away.

A new Vespa GTS300 would have cost between $1000 and $1500 more than the '22 Royal Enfield Interceptor did, so you really need to want that Vespa.

I would LOVE to have that 300 Vespa, but it's a tough buy.

Duck Herder

Tele-Meister
No, NOT, a Polaris Indian motorcycle...we're talking about a REAL Indian motorcycle here, like, from India.

It's a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

If I'm not served divorce papers before then, I'll be driving to Marne, Iowa next week (or so) to pick it up and haul it back here (Rapid City area).

View attachment 945103
Very cool!
I really like the 'standards' they build. Didn't know that they were making 650's.
🤘😻👍