My new, 2022, Indian motorcycle!

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I need to try to update my 'lifelong motorcycle ownership list' one of these days, I might lose track.

Last edited:

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats!!! Love the color too!!

I so want a Royal Enfield, probably a 650, or an Interceptor GT (I previously was in the Supersport camp with a GSX-R and R6), but waiting a few more years.

Last edited:

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
No, NOT, a Polaris Indian motorcycle...we're talking about a REAL Indian motorcycle here, like, from India.

It's a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

If I'm not served divorce papers before then, I'll be driving to Marne, Iowa next week (or so) to pick it up and haul it back here (Rapid City area).

View attachment 945103
My next door neighbour has a model almost identical to yours
I've ridden a few REs (did a 350km ride on the Great Ocean Road, seriously one of the best motorcycling roads in the world) switching between various models and they are way cool

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
That's a nice bike. So when are you going to get the new Goldstar 650 BSA.
Ooh i saw those a month or so ago..how good do they look? The first bike I ever rode was a Honda XR75, but his dad had a garage full of BSAs and gave me lessons on his 250, he didn't bat an eyelid when i dropped it 🙄

rocking rooster

Tele-Holic
Well played John. That's a good looking bike. I'm seeing quite a few of the new Enfield twins on the roads here in the UK. A Harley owning mate has one and loves it. I just hope that the build quality is better than the Bullet Electra that I owned a while back. To be honest it couldn't be any worse.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
That's a nice bike. So when are you going to get the new Goldstar 650 BSA.

In spite of the recent hype concerning that bike, nobody knows when the Gold Star 650 will actually get to the US, or even if it will be available here. You'd think that, at least, there would be some ride reviews of it, but so far, nothing further than some videos of pre-production show bikes.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Well played John. That's a good looking bike. I'm seeing quite a few of the new Enfield twins on the roads here in the UK. A Harley owning mate has one and loves it. I just hope that the build quality is better than the Bullet Electra that I owned a while back. To be honest it couldn't be any worse.

Yes, my 2016 500 looked very nice from ten feet away, but it wasn't put together nearly as well as the 2015 Yamaha SR400 I also had at the time. It ran well, however.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I used to have a Enfield, 303 British, bolt action, that a friend of my dad's made a sporting stock for. WWII British surplus. Incredibly accurate rifle. Hard to get amo for though...
I had an Enfield MKIV about twenty years ago, and also a MKV 'Jungle Carbine. The only old military arm I currently have is my 1929 Mosin Nagant.

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Now you need to find a drive-in restaurant with roller skating curb service.

DesmoDog

Tele-Afflicted
Don't let that horsepower get away from you John.

The Royal Enfield 650 has a relatively low hp, 270 degree engine rated at a conservative 47 hp, uses a six-speed transmission and can probably do around 100 mph if you insist, but they're much happier running out there on the curvy, hilly backroads at about 50-75% effort.

Sounds to me like a lot of the horsepower got away before they shipped it? ;-)

Just yanking yer antlers. One of my current projects has about half that much power. I've been tempted to check out Enfield's myself...

teletina

Tele-Meister
No, NOT, a Polaris Indian motorcycle...we're talking about a REAL Indian motorcycle here, like, from India.

It's a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

If I'm not served divorce papers before then, I'll be driving to Marne, Iowa next week (or so) to pick it up and haul it back here (Rapid City area).

View attachment 945103
WOW, expected real Indian, but this is also awesome, congrats !

Didn't knew they are sold in the USA, really interesting !
BTW, how much it cost in your country ?

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
Congratulations, she's a grand looker.
Old style from the golden age of British Bikes, I had one of their bicycles as a kid.

I also thought the Royal Enfield was where the Queen kept her chickens.