My neck pickup search

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by wootwhoop, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Elmore

Elmore Tele-Holic

I just put a Gibson min-humbucker from the 70's in the neck position of my tele and it sounds great.

2. Thin69

Thin69 Friend of Leo's

Congrats!
    How's the top end sound?

3. shooter1952

shooter1952 TDPRI Member

The SD Antiquity II is brighter than the Antiquity. The Antiquity II has alnico 5 magnets and the Antiquity has alnico 2. I had antiquitys in both of my Tele's and replaced them with Antiquity II's. That being said though I don't think either one of them sound Strat-like.

4. Elmore

Elmore Tele-Holic

It sounds good. I ordered some 375k pots like Fender puts like in the Hot Rod tele, so it is brighter than if I used the standard 250k. I also put a Duncan vintage stack in the bridge. I may eventually go 500k pots to really open it up (neck and bridge). But I am happy with it. I just like it bright.

5. WaylonFan76

WaylonFan76 Poster Extraordinaire

Right. I was talking about the Antiquity I. I'm sure the II is a tad brighter.

6. italo

italo Tele-Meister

IMHO twang King neck is a great pickup, with some stratish flavour, but still Tele. Beautiful middle position tone with any bridge pickup !!

I also like FOV pickups very much. Neck is definitely not dark, very detailed. Using a set of these gets you a nice balance between neck and bridge sounds.

Best Regards, Italo

7. Amby

Amby Tele-Holic

I agree with Italo, the Twang King neck pickup also sounds great combined with the bridge pickup - nice balance.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.