My Maxon Phaser is worth a ton. I don't want to sell it..

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
I have what I consider to be the best phaser made. I had bought one quite a few yrs but had to sell it due to impending divorce but was hoping to be able to replace it someday. And that happy day came just about two yrs ago. Yeah for me! 😎. I finally got the best phaser, again and I got it at a fair price of $250.

Yesterday I looked at Reverb and there was one listed at $1,500+. Now I don't get to upity about listed prices so I looked at sold, and yep, there were a couple that sent for that amount.

I'm not going to sell it, I think, but man, prices are crazy!! The sad part of the day is that I'm tempted.

Here's the pedal:

Junco Partner

Tele-Meister
I have this one too (got it for around 250 which seemed CRAZY to me at the time!) and yes, these insane prices are pretty tempting.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
Does yours squeal when the feedback control is maxed in either direction? If it does, I can tell you how to fix it. Its very easy.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
D2856EAD-EAF9-4ABC-909E-411BF9A7456E.jpeg

I had a MU-Tron Phasor like this one back in the 90s, until my dumb ass left it set up in a studio one night and it walked off. Man, that thing could get crazy when combined with my ProCo Rat 2. I miss it.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
View attachment 973799

I had a MU-Tron Phasor like this one back in the 90s, until my dumb ass left it set up in a studio one night and it walked off. Man, that thing could get crazy when combined with my ProCo Rat 2. I miss it.
Ah man, I feel for you! Thats supposedly what these Maxons were supposed to sound like but I've never played through one like yours. I'm sorry it grew legs. Thieves bite.

JustABluesGuy

Friend of Leo's
I have a similar (though not as dramatic) issue with my FRV-1 jumping up in price. I rarely use it, but when I need reverb it’s my go to. I need to try some others and see if they will do the job for me.

I’m not playing a bunch of surf and don’t “need” drip as some do, so I keep thinking about selling it to someone who would use it more than I do.

FMA

Poster Extraordinaire
To the original topic, I have a green Sovtek-era Big Muff, the one with the big scary launch-the-missiles footswitch, and an old TS-10. (I still have the wooden box the Muff came in, with Russian writing on it.) When I see the prices they're fetching, I think I should sell them. I haven't yet. But it could happen...

As far as phasers go, I have an old Ross phaser that's been on my board for years. Love it. It can do the swirly, spacy thing and the chewy funky thing. It's kind of obscure, I guess, not as well known as Ross comps, but it sounds great and works for me.