My Latest PartsCaster.....

Jbnaxx

Tele-Holic
Several years ago I bought a Squier VM Telecaster that I just never bonded with. I tried many modifications and never really got it to ring any bells for me. a few weeks ago I decided to just part it out an let the chips fall where they may. The body was very heavy and it had a poly finish one that was really thick. I ran across the XGP bodies on Guitar Fetish for 89.00 and thought it was worth a chance..... The body was pretty nice but needed some fitting especially in the neck pocket area. I have an extensive collection of woodworking tools, so no big deal....... 'Here's how it turned out.

CreamTele1.jpg
CreamTele2.jpg

I always liked the no Pickguard look.
As it turned out, I had a nice collection of good parts. Pickups are StewMac Alnico 5. Tone control is wired to the bridge only.
It really plays and sounds as good as it looks. I got lucky and hit the sweet spot with what was about to just be a pile of parts.

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
Congrats - simple and ready for business!
It's always great to find you have most of the part already...!

FenderLover

Poster Extraordinaire
...As it turned out, I had a nice collection of good parts. Pickups are StewMac Alnico 5. Tone control is wired to the bridge only.
It really plays and sounds as good as it looks. I got lucky and hit the sweet spot with what was about to just be a pile of parts.
Great Job. That's how my last one happened. Use up that drawer of parts. I also wired the Tone to bridge only.

Jbnaxx

Tele-Holic
Update……. I haven’t put this one down since I finished it. It was not holding a tune very well at first, but it is getting better.

So now my first partscaster is looking like junk compared to this one so I’m thinking about getting one of the Warmouth Strat hybrid bodies and rebuilt it. It has some very good parts so all I’ll need is the body, pickguard and a proper bridge.