My latest/last Esquire

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by newtwanger, Feb 12, 2009.

1. newtwanger

newtwanger Blackguardian. Ad Free + Supporter

I put this in the "show us your esquires" thread but I guess it belongs here too.
    This is the last Telecaster shaped guitar I will assemble as I think my collection of 4 is enough. That being said, I can't wait for USACG to ship my new neck and body for my "top secret" project that will distinctly taste of Chicago and Texas.

This one was inspired by a late '66 - early '67 Esquire, tweaked to my tastes:

3lb2oz USACG 1pc. swamp ash body. Forearm and tummy cuts.
    Chambered USACG 14oz. neck maple on maple, 7.25-9.5 rad neck with vintage frets and tusq nut.
    Kluson double-line tuners.
    Callaham parchment pickguard.
    Don Mare Zep-O-Tone pickup.
    Fender '67 reissue bridge, control plate, neck plate, knobs.
    Luxe '67 replica esquire caps and wiring, CTS pots, CRL switch.
    Reranch nitro neck (removed on back) and body (fender aged blonde nearly opaque)

For those considering something similar, the total cost was just over $900.00

Plays like a dream with the best fretwork I've ever seen straight from Tommy's boys (USACG)!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tim73

Tim73 Friend of Leo's

Looks great and I think it looks better with the amp too. Some great shots. Last one you say? Good luck with that! ;):lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.