1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My latest build: F.B.G.

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by mstan72, Dec 18, 2018.

1. mstan72

mstan72 TDPRI Member

F(fat) B(bottomed) G(girl)

Now to me the typical guitar body resembles the shape of a female...no offense intended, no concern if someone is...when the router slipped while shaping this pine body I decided to smooth it out and let the wood decide what it wanted to be. Airbrushed with what I decided to call "nekkid burst," then sprayed with purple pearl in the first coat of lacquer. The color changes like crazy depending on lighting, from flesh tones, to purple, to blue, to pink...

Seymour Duncan "hot for tele" pickups, four way switch, the Mighty Mite compound radius strat neck plays great after a fret job and properly setting up the nut.

I used Acrylic lacquer instead of nitro because I'm just not fond of waiting around for months...as it is, this build has been going since July.

1.5" body thickness, that's why there's a blank control plate on the back...paper thin pine didn't seem like a good thing to leave as-is.

In retrospect I wish I'd gone ahead and done the reversed controls...but this one is in the "might keep if nobody buys it" stash, if it's not gone in a couple months I'll do it then :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mascot...closest thing to tattoo flash I've drawn in years lol
    [​IMG]

Nubs, P Thought, Zepfan and 2 others like this.
  2. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

I like! Well done Sir...

mstan72 likes this.
  3. mstan72

mstan72 TDPRI Member

Thank you :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.