My last Tele

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
I’m down to my last Telecaster. My high point was owning 6 Tele’s, fueled by the temptation of NGD posts on TDPRI back in the day. I’ve weaned myself from the model. I simply no longer have any guitar lust for the Telecaster. Perhaps because it feels that there are less NGDs or I’ve become immune to them. Perhaps it’s because I visit TDPRI less often to lurk and rarely to post. For the record I still think of the Tele as the most iconic of all electrics and prefer its style more than any guitar.
20211218_202546 (1).jpg
My last Tele

TeleAPEHRA-large.jpg

My next Tele

Last edited:

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
Like I wrote in a post not long ago, I have always wanted an American Fender Telecaster (butterscotch blonde) and a Gibson Les Paul 50's Gold Top. I bought the Tele in 2019 and LP in march this year. For me that is it, everything that I really need and want. Both guitars play fantastic and give me the combination of:
- humbucker pickups and single coil pickups guitar
- 24,75 and 25,5 inch scale length
- 12 and 9,5 inch neck radius
- 50's fat neck and a modern C shaped neck
- maple and rosewood fretboard
- 4 knob and 2 knob guitar
- heavy (9,7 lb) and light (7,9 lb) guitar
So I really like that each of them has something that the other one doesn't and they compliment each other very nicely.

I also have a '74 Telecaster Deluxe (my avatar photo) which scratches the vintage itch and is really nice to play. This guitar is literally somewhere between a Telecaster and a Les Paul! :)

I have 3 more guitars that don't get played much. I might sell two of those in the future. Having 3 good guitars for me is enough.

Last edited:

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
I've owned somewhere north of 45 guitars since 1998.

I regret nothing

I've had around 35-37 or so since 1992. I won't say regret but some were impulse buys from sheer guitar lust. (Some fueled by NGD post on TDPRI.:oops:). I view many of those purchases as foolish extremes and the juice was not worth the squeeze.

I don't regret selling any of the ones that are no longer with me. There are a couple of instances where I was deciding between parting with one or another where it was a coin flip. The sale of my J-185 vs my Souther Jumbo comes to mind.

I am happier with the 6 guitar that remain. That will soon be four or less.

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Wtf

I'm at the mall killing time to pick my guitar up from afret level and crown.

Apparently the sole on this Adidas is 3D printed like... BFD okay- you could hide your joints in there I suppose, or put my little-little pony toys hanging from the soles. $200 of course...

IMG_20220608_104806035.jpg

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
I will never sell an instrument unless it’s financially necessary because I don’t ever want to post a thread about the one I shouldn’t have let go.
I'm the same way, but I may be afflicted with FOMO (fear of missing out). I only have 6 fretted instruments anyway (2 acoustics, 1 pbass, three electric guitars).

We sometimes hear about "crazy cat lady," but we never hear about "crazy guitar guy."

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
I've got a log book that I start a new page or two for every partscaster build. In my log book, I keep track of part numbers and build costs. The telecaster I'm currently working on says, "The Last One" at the top of the page.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I'm beginning to realize that the guitars I've built for myself are the guitars I play the most, these days. I'm seriously considering on selling off all my other guitars, save a couple of special ones.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Impractically, I covet about four or five more Telecasters and/or Esquires.

I said “impractically” because I could make do with one—my pinstriped Telecaster in my avatar photo…it’s all I’ll ever need.

But don’t y’all dare tell my wife I said that! ;)

greenhornet

Tele-Meister
My Tele is with a friend, ready to be sold. It is a beautiful guitar but I have finally come to the conclusion that Teles aren't for me. I just can't get along with them and after decades of playing a Strat they feel so odd. I've had, in decades of owning guitars, an SG, a gorgeous 60s Gibson Les Paul (aka the Boat Anchor), a Jaguar (The only guitar I ever regretted selling)...etc. I am left with two Strats, and to be truthful I could get along well with one. Nothing against anyone but I don't understand the need for 10, 15, more guitars. I think it has more to do with consumerism than any sort of music experience.

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
I’m down to 2 Teles, but just got an offer on one of them, so will soon be down to one.

The one I’m keeping is one my wife gave me for my 40th, that is lovely to play and sounds great - it does ask I want. This year I’ve sold my Jimmy Page sig Tele, an Esquire, and now finally the Performer I’ve never bonded with at all. I’ve hardly played any of them recently tbh. :(

I’ve brought 2 MIK Epi Dit guitars into the fold instead and kept the extra money.

cometazzi

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
My Tele is with a friend, ready to be sold. It is a beautiful guitar but I have finally come to the conclusion that Teles aren't for me. I just can't get along with them and after decades of playing a Strat they feel so odd. I've had, in decades of owning guitars, an SG, a gorgeous 60s Gibson Les Paul (aka the Boat Anchor), a Jaguar (The only guitar I ever regretted selling)...etc. I am left with two Strats, and to be truthful I could get along well with one. Nothing against anyone but I don't understand the need for 10, 15, more guitars. I think it has more to do with consumerism than any sort of music experience.

This is how I feel about Telecasters, or at least the one I have. It's a great guitar, but I just cant seem to bond with it. I haven't given up yet, but when I set it down and pick up a Strat, it's like a tiny bit of tension that I didn't realize was there goes away.

Maybe it's all in my head, and has more to do with the 'image' of the Telecaster and what I think it represents to me than anything else.