My initial impressions of the Fender acoustic pro

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by 6String69, Jul 21, 2019.

1. 6String69

6String69 Tele-Meister

I had to wait to have my Martin D-18 fitted with a K&K mini. I finally had a chance to play around with my newly acquired Fender Acoustic Pro.

Playing and singing into it are simply a treat. It makes my guitar louder but it does not change the sound one bit. It is my Martin, but louder. I have been using the second input as a vocal mic and it sounds great. I love this thing. I have not gigged with it yet, but it seems very powerful.

As a bonus, I can plug my iphone into it and it makes a nice little sound-system.

0B7CB4CD-0696-4684-9AC0-F2EEBD7C0129.jpeg

2. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

It's nice when something does what it's supposed to do, isn't it? congrats on a good purchase.

I'll Google it now and learn more.

6String69 likes this.
  3. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Meister

Nice. I spent a lot of time playing my Martin through the same fender amp when I was deciding to buy the Martin. Nearly bought the amp as well - it did sound great!

6String69 likes this.
  4. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

I just acquired one as well to replace my aging SWR Strawberry Blonde. First of all it's so light-17 lbs and the built in handle is a good idea. It seems a little bass heavy on the sound but hey, just turn the bass knob down a little. I haven't tried it with a microphone yet so it's good to hear that you like the sound of vocals through it.

6String69 likes this.
  5. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

I have thought about those Pro's. They keep pretty high $ for a while now but if they come down I may give one a shot. I want one with at least a 10" speaker though.
    I've had some trouble finding the right amp because I play an archtop Jazz guitar and an acoustic at my Duo gig and haven't found the perfect amp for both yet....
    I have a little Fender Acoustasonic 40 amp and it's not bad at all. Had a Roland 40 and a Fishman Mini, the Fender is almost as good. Not too fond of the whizzer cone speakers in it though.

6String69 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.