MY Hedge!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

So, earlier this year I got into a "biffo" with my next door neighbor. They had cut my front hedge and did a really crappy job of it AND without my permission while I was at work. I went next door to discuss this with the matriarch of the house and instead ended up having it out with her daughter who told me it was THEIR hedge because they planted it 30 years ago. No matter that I showed her the property line pin and explained how everything this side of that pin was mine and everything that side of the pin was her mother's. She just couldn't get it through her thick skull the concept of property lines and property owner's rights.

Add to it that the daughter's kids (her and her husband and her two kids live with her mother and father) keep throwing toys and sticks and cups and stuff over the fence into my yard. Add to it that they have two dogs who bark and bark and bark at all hours starting from 6:30am through 8 or 9pm. Add to it that they have a spotlight that they have aimed at my master bath window and it lights up my entire bedroom.

I tried to get the mother into mediation but she declined.

So, I've been biding my time and preparing. I have multiple videos of the dogs barking at all hours. I have pictures of the kids' crap on my side of the fence. I bought a wooden blind for my bathroom window and today I cut that hedge to the ground.

It wasn't just for spite but there was certainly an element of that in my decision. Behind the hedge on my side was a tree. That made parking for two vehicles on my driveway very tight. Now, I've freed up about 150 square feet of space. I just need to have the area marked and located and I have to rent a stump grinder to get the hedge and tree stumps reduced. I have to put down plastic, weed barrier and gravel and I'll have usable space.

I expect the spotlight to come on all night tonight... but I don't care! I have good light defense. Burn that light all night every night and pay extra for that 150 watts of electricity, lol.

Here is a before and after shot. They mangled the job and I raked up what they left.

0778B9FC-240F-4790-85E9-04E34E3032A2_1_105_c.jpeg
    It took me all day (from 10am) and six trips to the dump.
    C29297BB-C52A-42F7-B3AB-A81EFEE78D3C_1_105_c.jpeg

MY hedge!

2. Artslap

Artslap Tele-Afflicted

Goodness gracious. I pray that this doesn't escalate.

CP.

Chunkocaster, nojazzhere and Torren61 like this.
  3. Torren61

I don't know why it should. My property, my hedge, my rights. Btw, how are you guys doing out there? The fires look pretty bad... and I should know, being in California. Stay safe!

4. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

The world's largest hedge is in Scotland:

[​IMG]

5. Torren61

That looks exactly like the way MY hedge looked before they cut it... (Dat's a big hedge.)

6. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Afflicted

All I can say is sorry man

Some people just don’t have any consideration of other human beings

What’s the codes like in this neighborhood?

I say a higher fence like 10 foot with a section about 2 foot higher at the top that angles out towards their side with wire around the top

Nightclub Dwight and Torren61 like this.
  7. Torren61

Thanks. There's a "barking dog" local law and I'm about to file a complaint with animal control. I have about 30 video clips of their dogs barking and spanning a year.

Fretting out likes this.
  8. Boil

Boil Tele-Holic

"I tried to get the mother into mediation but she declined"

Is that code for 'choke hold'?

Torren61 likes this.
  9. Torren61

No, I went to a mediation service and paid for it. They contacted her and asked if she would come into a mediation of three other adults and just us two. She didn't want to do that. I was hoping we could air our grievances and come to an understanding.

10. Artslap

Artslap Tele-Afflicted

Hey, thanks for asking.

Everything has settled a little over the last few days, but the conditions over the next week or so could start everything up again.

Rain would help, but seeing we are still two weeks away from the start of Summer, it looks like we are in for a "perfect storm" of a fire season this year.

On a lighter note, our government's climate change action plan is prayer. (Don't want to breech forum rules, but easily googled). So we have a nation on its collective knees.

CP.

Torren61 likes this.
  11. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

This should end in a nice calm peaceful way with mutual understanding and respect all around. :)

12. Torren61

My wife is from Sydney and her mom and aunt are there. I quite like Sydney.

13. Torren61

I hope so. Should I have not cut my hedge out of fear of upsetting my neighbor?

14. Artslap

Artslap Tele-Afflicted

(Sorry to get off topic, but here's the view. About 500kms smoke to smoke.)

[​IMG]

15. Torren61

Wow. I understand New Zealand can see it.

16. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

the house on the south side of me is about 12 feet from mine, on the north side, about 15 feet. I thank my gracious Higher Power that I've never had these kinds of problems, 23 years now.

Torren61 likes this.
  17. Boil

Boil Tele-Holic

That's no fun, you have my sympathies, dealing with unreasonable neighbours is difficult at best.

Torren61 likes this.
  18. Torren61

Oh, I left out a cool/funny part. So, I bought a Metropoulos Metro-Plex 100 watt 1/4 stack and it arrived on whatever day. I moved it to my spare unit (studio) behind my house. At 10pm that night, the neighbors turn on their spotlight that hits my master bath window. I go out back and drag the 2X12 cab out the door, aim it at their house and turn on the head on standby. I plug in my LP, dime the volume and gain, take it off stand by and let an A chord rip. I was pleased how the notes bloomed. I guess their kids were asleep... well, until my A chord. The son-in-law storms outside and yells "(expletive) REALLY??!!". I come back with "Yeah, really. Turn off the light and I'll turn off the amp." (His wife is dialing someone.) The light stays on. I hit an E chord. Really sweet guitar and amp combo, btw. The light goes off and I put the guitar and amp to bed. I go inside and the light comes back on, lol. My wife reminds me that none of the other neighbors have anything to do with this situation so I leave it alone but the wife calls the cops who put her on hold. The light goes off and we all go to bed.

19. colnago

colnago Tele-Meister

I’d be doing something serious about this. I’m in the right frame of mind right now.

Torren61 likes this.
  20. Torren61

I'll message you my address. Will you be driving or flying?

electrichead and colnago like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.