My friends son was murdered.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toadtele, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

I agree totally, what killed me off was that I innocently, and rather stupidly opened a video link from a friends hacked account, showing a Mexican woman being beheaded. I instantly left, I thought if people could load that, what else was I in for. Haven't been back either. This to me is as much social media that I need. I pretty much see all the friends and family that I was friends with on there, so it wasn't a huge loss.

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

So sorry for your friend. There is no bouncing back from something like that. No matter the details, it is a terrible thing when someone is murdered.

Milspec, Stubee, Greggorios and 3 others like this.
  3. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Afflicted

Deepest sympathies.
    It has been over forty years ago, but I still vividly remember when a friend was shot, apparently randomly.
    My friend and I were college students. She had been at my house and rode her bike across Herman Park in Houston to Ben Taub Hospital were here dad was a doc.
    Less then 3/4 mile.
    Some guy rode up beside her on a bike and shot her in the neck. She continued riding the few hundred yards to the hospital which was adjacent to the park.
    Luck beyond luck, the bullet passed through her neck without doing any serious damage.
    My friend moved out of Houston, never to return.

King

faulp, Stubee, EugeneWeemich and 4 others like this.
  4. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Friend of Leo's

This is isn't in any way comparable, but when my family had to close down our local grocery store (ran out of business by a dollar general) people talked about it on Facebook and it was amazing how much hate there was. Not even people hiding behind internet anonymity, but people with names we knew in the community. Hateful.

I can only imagine what could be being said in this situation especially since you say he made some bad life decisions. But no matter who we was or what he did he didn't deserve to be murdered. My sympathies for you and your friend. I'm gonna go hug my son now.

5. Cosmic Cowboy

Cosmic Cowboy Tele-Holic

That is tragic. I'm very sorry to hear this. I don't even know what to say. Just sometimes being there to let a friend-in-need vent is a hero's work.

6. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

We all work together in a small company. We have a marketing/social media manager that is very close to her. She is all over it.

7. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

There's an awful lot of internet warriors out there these days, sadly.

Steve Holt, Greggorios and Toadtele like this.
  8. Censport

Censport Tele-Holic

My deepest condolences, Toadtele. It's a horrible thing to go through. Back before social media, one of my classmates lost her son when the pizza shop where he was working was robbed one night. He was only 18. Her father pretty much gave up on life after that and died a few years later from a broken heart. So keep an eye on your friend. There will be times when she'll need support and times when she needs space, and she may not tell you which is which. Take care of yourself too, this sort of thing is hard on everybody.

BB, Charlodius, StevesBoogie and 2 others like this.
  9. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

condolences. My heart and prayers go out to his mother, as a parent, I can't imagine how hard that would be.

getbent and Toadtele like this.
  10. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

It is unfathomable to me to lose a child, but I have been with people that have. All you can do is be there for your friend. A tough time for her for a long time.

getbent and Toadtele like this.
  11. Larry Mal

Larry Mal Tele-Meister

When I became a father, I found out that there was a whole other way to love that I never knew existed.

I also found myself more terrified of this world than I had ever been before.

Very sorry for your friend's loss. Words cannot express how sad I am to think of a parent undergoing such a loss.

P Bill, Obsessed, Bluesboy3 and 3 others like this.
  12. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Glad she’s got friends like you. Can’t imagine losing a child this way. Heartbreaking.

Toadtele likes this.
  13. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

That's horrifying and vile and disgusting. I am so sorry to hear of this.

Please be there for her and her family. Please, if anything else, please convince her and her family to ignore social media.

I know you and your family are deeply affected as well.

My sincere condolences.

Toadtele likes this.
  14. Charlodius

Charlodius Tele-Holic

I am so sorry to read this. Sorry for your friend, sorry for you. I honestly don’t think there is such a thing as bouncing back from the loss of a child. I think the best you can hope for is finding a sturdy handle to carry the grief.
    I hear you about FB, and the unbridled cruelty of the internet. I consider this site aberrant in that it is populated by so many good hearted people.

Peace-
    C

Toadtele likes this.
  15. Muku

Muku Tele-Meister

Gruesome. SUpport and healing .....

Toadtele likes this.
  16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

When I cashed it in, a person made a prediction on Facebook. I simply stated there was no need in making any kind of predictions since the answer to what they was predicting about would soon be known. I didn't say they didn't know what they were talking about only that in a short period of time we would know whether their prediction was correct or not. The predictor made an issue that my lack of faith in their prediction was interfering with the prediction. I replied it must have been an awfully weak prediction to be thrown off course that easily. Then I was informed that the predictor had a vast army or followers on YouTube, and they all began to blast me for my lack of faith with great ferocity! I thought to myself, it's time to get on out of Dodge, and I grabbed me a horse, it looked like a good one, I thought it could run, and up on its back and away I did ride.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    Fluddman and Toadtele like this.
  17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I am sorry for your friend, but ALL social media has become a cesspool of misinformation. I don't know what to tell you to do to help her, but I'm certain no one on Facebook, or any other of a group of internet strangers do either. She's going to have to make peace with her loss for herself if at all possible. Our minds and bodies are constructed to stand the loss of loved ones, but it is never an easy thing to attain. If we were not built to last after a loss, we would all have never gotten here.

18. frank a

frank a Tele-Meister

I’m sorry for the loss. You’re a good friend. And she is going to need all the friends she has. Peace and love to all.

Toadtele likes this.
  19. Speedfish

Speedfish Tele-Holic

Devastating news. I have no words. Sorry seems so inadequate. I'm praying for your friend.

Toadtele likes this.
  20. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

In Idaho? If so, I've heard nothing down here.

Toadtele likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.