My friends son was murdered.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toadtele, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

On Memorial Day. It was brutal and gruesome. There was literally over a mile of blood. It’s been hard to make sense of. So far 2 arrested. Information has been slow to be released as its an active investigation. He was 20. He had made some bad life decisions.
    I don’t do any social media other than here, but I’ve heard about the comments on Facebook. It’s been heartbreaking. People who don’t even know this kid have made the most sickening comments.
    My friend is my age. Her son was two years younger than mine. She is devastated. We are all concerned she may not bounce back from this.
    This sort of thing has been happening forever unfortunately, but the constant opinion page that Facebook has become is unbelievable cruel.
    I am heartbroken for my friend, and frankly for all of us. My elderly father told me recently that he is glad he is closer to going out than coming in. I agree with him.

2. adjason

adjason Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

This is just awful. Stay away from idiots hiding behind anonymity etc on facebook. I am so sorry that this type of killing goes on. I can not imagine what you and they are going through

3. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

My condolences. Very sad and disturbing to hear.

Evil is real, and we must stay vigilant against it.

Scott

4. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Being a friend helps.

5. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Wishing peace and comfort to his mother and friends .

6. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

You're a good friend and that's all you can be for her at the moment. I hope her son is resting easy.

7. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That's really sad. Our life choices do matter often, but I would NEVER go there when someone had a loss like that... it just ain't right...

8. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Friend of Leo's

So sad to hear this.

Every time I think that humanity has reached the depths of behaviour, something happens that just lowers the bar even further.

9. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

This news sounds hard to absorb.
    I hope you are going easy on yourself and your friend - grief isn't necessarily a linear process and the criminality will probably complicate what's already hard enough.
    I wish you both peace - Deeve

10. Intubator

Intubator Tele-Holic

Bawlmer, MD- Home of the "Mayor Shuffle"...
    Can't fathom the pain your friend is feeling and I wish her relief, and yourself as well. I fear mankind is heading in the wrong direction sometimes and social media unfortunately seems to be a ready stage for bad actors rear their heads...

11. CajunJ

CajunJ Tele-Holic

Sorry to hear.

Facebook is a cesspool.

12. pypa

pypa Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I am so sorry. Losing a child is unfathomable to me. I wish her peace.

13. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Sorry to hear this awful news. Just be there for your friend when she needs you. Thoughts and prayers sent.

There is reason a lot of people stay away from Faecesbook. It's poison.... :mad:

14. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I’m sorry, that’s a terrible thing to have happen close to you. We’ve had some of life’s misfortunes hit close to home but the only murder was a cousin, the last known victim of a 1970s serial killer in East Lansing. She was quite a bit younger than me but I at least knew she was a good kid, and she was close to my sister who’d actually seen her at MSU the day before her murder. I don’t believe her family ever recovered from it. I know from personal experience that families & friends of those either victimized or committing a serious crime are in a very bad place. The law isn’t built to show them much regard, if any, and it hurts deeply.

To be close to something like that is unjust enough without social media piling the grief on even higher. I do a very small bit of FB but filter it. It’s not hard for me to believe how cruel & self-serving anonymous people can be, but it’s a shame to see social media be a bullhorn for such misfits, magnifying what isn’t worth hearing.

15. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

How awful.

Wishing peace to you and your friend, and I hope the social media cruelty can be ignored to some degree.

A friend’s 17 yo was shot and killed in KC a few years ago by another teen after some squabble at a cruise/parking lot hangout. One life taken, another irrevocably squandered, but at least there was no attendant carping on social media. Just unacceptable.

16. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

sorry to hear this...all you can do is be there for your friend

17. Kloun

Kloun Tele-Holic

Sorry to hear about your friend's son. It's a shame, but at least they hopefully have those responsible.

crazydave911, Fendereedo and Toadtele like this.
  18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

It wasn't always like that, it used to actually be fun. You could keep up with old school chums, your family, kids and grandkids if you have them, and it was actually kind of uplifting. Then something happened and it just got worse by the day. I deleted my account. Didn't look back. I miss talking to friends, but I don't miss the attacks. People you don't even know blasting you because you don't share their opinion. I knew some people who all worked at the same place, and they got to feuding so badly, they were threatening serious bodily harm to each other which was just stupid since they saw each other at work every day!

19. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

And to think, I quit Facebook because people that annoyed me in high school were asking me to meet up for beers.
    My how the world has changed.

20. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Sounds like you are a good friend. Maybe you can hint to her to deactivate Facebook? It's not the time for social media vitriol.

What a terrible situation.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.