1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My first YouTube Lesson Video, I would appreciate some honest feedback!

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by KrenarCilku, Feb 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku Tele-Meister

After watching a ToneJunkie video where he says that we're stuck talking about gear and we neglect playing, I decided to start this series of videos where I give short lessons to the best of my ability.

This is the first time that I'm trying to give a lesson and I would really appreciate it if you watch this video and give me some feedback about it!

Also, if you find any errors in regards to what I'm saying, please let me know under the comments!

Nevertheless, since I've promised HX Stomp Presets, here's a free preset of what I think a cool small Nashville Rig would look like, enjoy it!

Preset: https://line6.com/customtone/tone/5332795/

rough eye likes this.
  2. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

Better lighting would be a big plus and make it look a bit more professional.

Liked your conversational tone and your playing is really good.

I don’t know what the magic formula is for success on YouTube, but start with the lighting and keep posting.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  3. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku Tele-Meister

thank you so much man, I really appreciate it! cheers!

4. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

No problem. I just listened again and it kinda seemed like your amp and backing track were pretty quiet, didn’t really make your playing pop. If you could have it miked up or play a bit louder it might make for a bit more excitement and again professional type sound.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  5. teletail

teletail Tele-Afflicted

The biggest issue for me is the editing. It's very distracting. You'd be better off practicing what you are going to say and just roll the tape, or at least, limit the number of edits.

Other than that,
    • I agree with the comment about the lighting and sound. Find a plain wall for background.
    • I wouldn't tell people that you aren't qualified to teach; why would I want to take a lesson from someone that isn't qualified?
    • I wouldn't start off with over a minute of you soloing, especially on a video where you are teaching chords
    • I would show people how to play the chords. In the time it took you to tell people that they could look it up themselves, you could have shown them the chords.
    Good luck.

Harry Styron and KrenarCilku like this.
  6. The Angle

The Angle Tele-Holic

Adding +1 to Teletail's post.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  7. KrenarCilku

KrenarCilku Tele-Meister

thank you so much for the feedback! I'll definitely take your steps into consideration next time, cheers!

8. adamp824

adamp824 Tele-Meister

Plus one to Teletail. It was over a minute before you addressed the audience, mentioned what the lesson was going to be on, or said that it was actually a lesson.

Consider having your back to the wall with a light facing you (next to/above/behind the camera) to improve the lighting and make it a bit more professional looking.

You can get someone to make those logo intro video things for pretty cheap on PPH or Fiverr. They seem to add a bit of ‘professionalism’ or branding (or whatever you want to call it). But they’ll also give people a quick idea of what the video is about e.g.: gear review, guitar lesson, vlog etc.

KrenarCilku likes this.
  9. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

you're enjoying yourself too much. you supposed to SUFFER for your art.

KrenarCilku likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.