My first Telecaster: Siggi Braun Custom Shop Relic Tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by massivesound, Sep 10, 2019.

1. massivesound

massivesound TDPRI Member

Happy new Telecaster day! I finally pulled the trigger on not only my first Tele but also my very first relic / aged guitar. Seems that I'm getting older and drifting away from only liking polished new modern Strats or LPs

The Siggi Braun Custom Shop Telecaster (German luthier) has a insane Master Relic finish which is in my opinion not only a thrilling eye-catcher but also sounds extremely organic and plays like butter.

I directly had too make a short review / video showing the guitar in detail with some sound examples. Happy to hear your thoughts on this unique guitar and hope you will like it close as much as I do [​IMG]!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_re0C58bR2k

Here are also some pictures of this beauty...

IMG_6808.jpg IMG_6802.JPG

2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Wow. Very nice. What are the pickups and other stats?

3. massivesound

Thanks El Tele Lobo :D! The pickups are made by Häussel which is a probably the best German pickup manufacturer and who is one of my alltime favorite. You can check the full details in my Review :)

4. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

Sorry mate, I don't like that relic at all

Really, if relic is trying to mimic well use of a guitar I don't get that one

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Meister

For my taste the relic is too much, but that´s only my taste. And it would be nice if you could play some more clean or light crunch stuff in the vid.

But I´m pretty sure that it´s a damn good guitar because it´s from Siggi Braun. He really makes fantastic products.

6. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Holic

I dig it man. Congratulations!

7. massivesound

Thanks guys for your feedback. As said before, I wasnt a Relic guy at all a couple of years ago, but sometimes tastes are changing over time ;). The Heavy master relic finishes by Siggi Braun are definitely a bit on the extreme side but on the other hand its super crazy how many details he puts into these finishes. Something you only see if you hold in in your hand. But he has also some more light relics in his portfolio. In the end the most important ist the tone and the feeling of a guitar and this is, independent from the look, always great with Siggis guitars :D

8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

If I held it in my hands, and it felt great and played well, I'd go for it.....but otherwise, (with all due respect) that finish is just too much. I don't really like bright, shiny new guitars, but that just doesn't look like actual, honest wear. But I don't own it, so I'm VERY glad you're happy with it, and I hope it brings you great pleasure. ;)

9. BluesGuitarMart

BluesGuitarMart Tele-Meister

As others have said, I don't think it looks like a genuinely old and used guitar but I'm not sure that's the point, it just looks super cool. I absolutely love it, I'd love one for myself!

Congrats on the guitar!

10. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Whoa!
    There’s relic-ed, and there’s really relic-ed.
    Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.