My first pedals!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Nightatthehotel, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Nightatthehotel

Nightatthehotel Tele-Holic

So tonight for my birthday my dad got me a TC Electronics Ditto X2 Looper and Swollen Pickle Fuzz. Amazing pedals. I love them. So much fun and so versatile. I have the looper at the end of the chain (as it should be) and it's nice to have a jam buddy when my friends aren't around to play with. The fuzz is awesome. So many options and it's perfect for that sixties tone I've been looking for when coupled with my Fender Vibrolux custom reverb reissue. I am very fortunate and grateful. I have a pretty great setup topped off by a Les Paul. I never thought I would get into pedals. I always thought I'd be that amp purist who always plugs straight in, but pedals are flippin amazing!

2. tekbow

tekbow Tele-Afflicted

Generous Dad! very good pressies, and congrats on your MNPD!

Try not and do the whole "Amp purist vs pedal guy" thing though. At the end of the day we're talking about electrons flowing through a circuit being effected by a million and one things. To say you're one or the other only limits your sonic pallette.

Be the guy who uses the tools to get the sound most pleasing to his ear ;)

3. CT SA

CT SA TDPRI Member

This advice is golden. Well said!

4. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

Your dad sounds like a smart guy. A looper is a great tool for practice and a fuzz box is what every 17 yr old guitar player should be lusting over. Have a great day!

5. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Does your dad play or did he go in blind? Either way he picked out two not good, but great pedals. Congrats on your npdx2

6. barker

barker Tele-Meister

Congratulations on your gifts, your dad definitely picked two smart ones for you!

7. lendryesky

lendryesky Tele-Afflicted

I got a few Ibanez pedals for my 18th birthday. They were those all grey-box kind with the clickable inset knobs. They ate up batteries instantly and didn't think to use a power supply yet. Had a flanger and fuzz iirc. The fuzz had a slider to emulate a broken speaker.

8. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

To be strictly accurate it was a 3 position switch to mimic a dying battery. (If it was the FZ-7 that is).

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Happy birthday and congrats! Your Dad did good. Enjoy!

10. lendryesky

lendryesky Tele-Afflicted

It was indeed the FZ-7 with a three position switch that was labeled "damage."

11. Nightatthehotel

Nightatthehotel Tele-Holic

Thanks guys. I was in there with my dad actually so I picked the pedals out. I've been wanting a fuzz and a looper for a while. I tried to go easy on my dad's wallet and both pedals we ended up getting discounts on! Glad to know I got some good ones! (Even though I did some research before to make sure I knew a general idea of what to get).

12. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of pedal obsession!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.