My first partscaster - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Uncle Daddy, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Holic

So I'm thinking of tackling my first partscaster. I'll be sourcing suppliers in the UK or EU. I'll be aiming towards an early Broadcaster, but with a 9" neck radius. Vintage tuners, bakelite scratchplate and so on.

Recommendations and tips please? I'm not a total numpty with screwdrivers and electrics, but decent instructional videos? Best way to get nitro finish, light relicing, etc?

Thanks in advance.

2. oldfish

oldfish Tele-Holic

I get a lot of stuff at .axe r us. you can get most things you need there for a good price and delivery is quick.

Smiff likes this.
  3. Smiff

Smiff Tele-Holic

Axecaster is pretty cool too.

4. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

Guitarbuild.co.uk makes nice bodies - and you have some great pickup winders in the UK: Bare Knuckle, The Creamery, Catswhisker. AxesRUs has hardware, and pickups, too.
    As for DIY knowledge - no better place than the TDPRI here!

5. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Plan on spending whatever it costs to have a good luthier do a setup after you finish the assembly. Find a cranky old guy that has been doing it full time for a long time. If you use decent parts, getting the nut slots and adjustments just right can turn an OK player into the best player you've ever had. Worth it.

Uncle Daddy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.