My first NPD

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by crumjack, Aug 12, 2016.

1. crumjack

crumjack TDPRI Member

Picked up a Zoom G3 off Craigslist last night. It's pretty much new and I gave $90.

I know multi effects aren't everyone's cup of tea but I think this will be a good way to learn pedal setups and preferences. Hoping this makes my late 80s Peavey amp a bit more interesting!

Hey, if nothing else, it's been a great reason to cruise YouTube between meetings in the office today!

2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats! Have fun.

3. demon

demon Tele-Meister

Have a lot of fun with it! Yes, some people get really down on multi-effects, but it's the best way to find what you like playing. And it's often not the same as what you like listening to.

Besides which, every sound can be a good sound. Found any nice settings yet?

4. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

Hope you don't have plans this weekend.

5. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

The G3 is a very good multi fx, especially for the money. Well built and sounds great. Enjoy!

6. jefcon1

jefcon1 Tele-Meister

Enjoy! I was very tempted by those when they came out because it has some really obscure effects, like bitcrusher. Also looper is quantitized to the built in drum machine. I could see that being quite time consuming in a good way. Maybe I should check Craigslist too :)

Enjoy!

7. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I started out with an amp that had a huge number of effects built in. A great way to learn about different effects and which ones you like and don't like. In hind sight, I probably would have been better off with the choices similar to what you made. Enjoy.

8. crumjack

crumjack TDPRI Member

I got a feel for settings and patch editing yesterday. Also, played through all the patches. Some I like enough to tweak. Some will keep for experiments and others will go in the trash.

I have an Irig for GarageBand recording so I have a general idea what I like. I'm going to setup a few chains along these lines today

Compression (maybe) - Distortion - Amp Sim (maybe) - Tremolo - Reverb - Delay/Echo

Any thoughts and suggestions on that setup are welcome.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.