My First Beauty

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ser_Bob, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Ser_Bob

Ser_Bob TDPRI Member

Hello all Tele Lovers,

first post here and I have a big question:

I received a months ago a really cheap Strat Copy to start learning. I am really enjoying it but I feel like I need something better to help me. Also I have always wanted a Telecaster.

I have been searching my local used market for quit some time (Tele are hard to find here) and manage to find 2 Telecasters that are within my budget and look interesting. They are:

- Vintage V2 Telecaster. Similar to this V52:
    https://www.thomann.de/pt/vintage_icon_v52bs.htm?ref=search_prv_0_2

- Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special:
    http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/squier-vintage-modified-telecaster-special-541806

Really can't decide which one to pick and I don't have the opportunity to try both before deciding. Has anyone played one of this Tele and can tell your thoughts on it?

Which one would you pick?

I would really appreciate any help.

Note: Please don't mention other models like Fender MIM. I don't live in the USA and they are really expensive here, even used ones.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Out of the 2 I would go for the Squier, although I've read good things about Vintage guitars. If you could stretch that little bit extra with your cash for a Squier classic vibe Tele, then I think you'll be onto a winner, especially the classic vibe custom. Good luck. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some further insight. ;)

3. jpjr50

jpjr50 Tele-Holic

Out of the 2 the Squire but for that price I'd look for a Fender MIM Standard Tele used (300-350-ish range). Very easy to play and they sound great plus they are affordable.

Just my opinion, it will differ with some on here. I have one that I play every single day for a year straight.

4. brapscallion

brapscallion TDPRI Member

Go for the Squier. If the used market/music shops aren't that good in your area, the Squier will be easy to upgrade/repair if you ever need to.

5. tecelaster

tecelaster Tele-Meister

I've also heard good things about the Vintage brand Teles - probably a little better quality than the VM Squiers. Again, I'd agree with Fendereedo about the Classic Vibe, but it is more money. Some people have been very happy with the Harley Benton TE range for budget Teles but I've never played one. Thomann's return policy is good, so if you weren't happy you could always change. The Squier CV is a wonderful guitar for the money, and can easily be upgraded in the future if you want.

6. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire

Why limit yourself to only 2 choices? There's many peaches on the tree.

7. Ser_Bob

Ser_Bob TDPRI Member

First of all thank you for your kind answers.:)

As to why I only limit myself to theses options is because they are the best used options within my budget I could find.
    Like I said I don't live in the USA or UK. The used market is really small here and Fender guitars still manage to be expensive. For example it is very hard to find a used Fender MIM under 500 sollars here. Even for the Strats. You Americans don't know how lucky you are.:p

8. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Primeiro, Ser_Bob , bem-vindo ao TDPRI . É um pouco engraçado como algumas pessoas não lêem a mensagem original de muito perto. No entanto, o fato de que você indicou sua localização sob o seu avatar é muito útil, para aqueles que notar. É verdade que os americanos são muito sorte para as guitarras que estão disponíveis aqui .

a propósito, o seu Inglês é muito bom. Eu não sou capaz de escrever tudo isso sem tradução computador.

I do agree that the Squier Vintage Modified is a good choice, given what is available. If at all possible, being able to play the guitar before buying is always recommended. Best of luck and welcome aboard!

Ser_Bob likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.