My First Association With Leo Fender

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Well geesh.... and I was thinking about him and this post out here just the other day, and wondering what he was up to. RIP Dave and thanks for sharing with us your stories. What a wild ride it must've been!!

Oxidao

Tele-Holic
Sorry but I got to say...
Sh¡t !

I've just discovered this thread here right now. After a couple of pages, I jumped to the last one just to say the honor it is to have this man here, telling things and patiently answering questions.

Looked like an excellent person. I will read all that stuff any other time.
Rest In Peace Dave.

Sit tibi terra levis

Pd: I realized that the system censured my exclamation starting the post.
I changed the 'i' by the '0pening exclamation sign in Spanish ( ¡ hola ! ), and it worked. LOL

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The thing that really interested me about Dave was, not just his out of this world guitar inventions, but that he was actually THERE man. I mean, this guy KNEW Leo and all the other greats of the 50's and 60's etc. He actually LIVED what we today can only read about. What a heck of a life he had. A great guitarist, inventor, and genius.

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
I recall reading a couple pages of this fascinating thread over the summer, but then lost track of it and didn't see all the updates. So sorry to hear Dave passed.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Indeed it does seem that Bunker guitars is still active, at least the website is. Dave was a cool guy. Wish we could've known him better out here, but he passed away too soon darn it.