My Fernandes "The Revival" - Pics inside

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Honky, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyC

BillyC Tele-Meister

I love Fernandes Teles and strats,I've never had a bad one.I've had lots of bad Fenders.

2. Hubert

Hubert TDPRI Member

Okay.. very nice. I recently got one and it was said to be from the 70's. It looks like Honky's tele. What is different from his is the saddles are steel and the tuners say F on the closed back and the knobs are cast type. The logo is no longer there and is your standard tele type head stock shape. The neck code says, 20X03 8, bridge pickup cavity has 20 38.733 and the serial number on the neck plate is 5021833. In another thread I had said I wanted to change all the hardware on this.

3. Hubert

Hubert TDPRI Member

I thought I was going to turn mine into a Esquire type. But decided to keep it as a tele. It was harshly bright sounding that I had to boost the bass on the guitar as well as on the amp. I was going to just change out the pickups first, but decided to change the wiring harness to modern wiring. The change in wiring has made a huge improvement to the point where I can live with the stock pickups, bridge and steel saddles and tuners. But, none the less I ordered Wilde Keystones for it, but I could gut the SD Antiquities and Fralins from the two guitars and put them in there as well. I have to carefully file the fret ends. I kept the stock wiring harness intact in its control plate. The stock harness is different than the modern tele harness. On the tone pot, the cap is connected to the lug that connects to the volume pot, but is soldered to the back of the pot. The pickups leads connect to different points on the 3 way switch. I kept it that way in case I decide to sell it and the buyer will have the original wiring harness.

4. GeoB

GeoB Tele-Holic

I don't recall seeing Fernandez in Japan

Good question. I was over in Japan in the mid 80's. I don't believe I saw Fernandez guitars. Lot's of Tokai's which along with Alverez's produced MIJ Fender's and Hondo, perhaps even Fernandez.

Those Tokai's and Alverez Fenders are top shelf faithful reproductions.

I had a Hondo tele (Fame) which was a screamer. I called her Bar Hawg. The closest thing I have to that Hondo is a Fernandez Heinz 57 with a Warmouth neck C/D shape, mostly Fernandez hardware and a neck P-90 up front. I was going for the G&L Bluesboy set up and had a few parts laying around the shop. Not too pretty but gets the job done.

Working on another straight forward tele but the body I have coming may need slight alterations as I do not believe it has string through holes.

5. cormorant

cormorant Tele-Meister

15r

Definitely the Vox. Everyone seems to love this amp. My only amp at the moment. Great with tele....sounds good, looks good, good reverb, tremelo.....good for recording stuff and great clean sound. Lovely guitar you have there by the way.....linda!

Attached Files:

6. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Like Larry The Cable Guy says,

"If you don't like that, there's something wrong with ya!"

7. rob5755

rob5755 Tele-Holic

Yikes....ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT!!! :eek:

8. JJLC

JJLC TDPRI Member

wow; talk about a necro thread :lol: ..................

here is a pic of one of my Fernandes guitars :arrow: ....................... a solid topped FLG from 1978 ;) ............

[​IMG]

9. Nightatthehotel

Nightatthehotel Tele-Holic

Wow this thread is from before I even knew anything about guitars. Years before....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  10. slapshot

slapshot Tele-Meister

11. Drewsome007

Drewsome007 Tele-Meister

listen guys threads this old need to stay in the archive where they belong!

Thread closed end of discussion.

12. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Very nice! I've owned a few of the Revival Strats but didn't even know there was a Tele model.

13. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

nice!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.