My favorite Robyn Hitchcock

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
God, I love RH... first saw him in the late 80s at The Berklee School of Music in Boston on the Queen Elvis tour. I see him every chance I can, and even flew down to Austin to see him in a tiny club at UT.

I have tix to see him nearby in western Massachusetts in February as well. I too am a Patreon member, and was trying to help him and Emma during the pandemic.

He is an enigma: in my opinion, you either "get him" or you don't. I think he is one of those mad geniuses. Good to see other fans here.

20191108_231321.jpg

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Couple of good tunes on here for sure . I’m not sure why he completely flew under my radar . I’ve heard the name that’s about it , and I recognize his voice . Gonna have to save a few of these

SuprHtr

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
God, I love RH... first saw him in the late 80s at The Berklee School of Music in Boston on the Queen Elvis tour. I see him every chance I can, and even flew down to Austin to see him in a tiny club at UT.

I have tix to see him nearby in western Massachusetts in February as well. I too am a Patreon member, and was trying to help him and Emma during the pandemic.

He is an enigma: in my opinion, you either "get him" or you don't. I think he is one of those mad geniuses. Good to see other fans here.

View attachment 929611
Awesome photo!

0ct0Pr0n

Tele-Meister
I'm a huge Robyn Hitchcock fan. Soft Boys, too, of course. "Underwater Moonlight" is such a great album. I especially like "Queen Of Eyes".

I contribute monthly to Robyn's Patreon site and over the last couple of years, he's released tons of new material available through there.

"Queen of Eyes" is my #1 jam from that record, too. It almost feels like proto-Guided by Voices.

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
This post forced me to upload some of my clips from his shows... here's one of my favorites.

I spoke with Emma during the intermission, and when she found out I flew all the way down from Boston, she asked me if I had a request. This was the first song Robyn played after intermission. Very cool moment.

Audio isn't great, but it's something.

Glass Hotel: