My favorite Goofy Movie

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
It is hard to beat "The Life of Brian" as just a plain goofy movie.

No thinking required.

Of course, if I want to think while being entertained, I have to lean toward "Dr. Strangelove."

You?

PinewoodRo

Tele-Afflicted
Didn't see Life of Brian for about three years after its release. I was living in Brighton at the time and the local council banned it on religious grounds! I guess they just didn't get it...
I like The Princess Bride and I'm a fan of the first Ice Age movie.

MrAstro

Tele-Afflicted
More recently maybe Napoleon Dynamite and Defendor were pretty funny in an odd beat type of way.

Older movies - virtually any comedy with Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield or Leslie Nielsen. Spies Like Us was pretty goofy and gave me a laugh every five years or so.

MandyMarie

Friend of Leo's
Buckocaster51 said:
It is hard to beat "The Life of Brian" as just a plain goofy movie.

No thinking required.

Of course, if I want to think while being entertained, I have to lean toward "Dr. Strangelove."

You?

Oooo, I love both of those :)

For pure silliness, I'm going with "Duck Soup" because of my Marx Bros obsession.

If I have to think (geez, I hate doing that!), I'd go with "A Clockwork Orange" because try as I might, I can't figure that damn thing out.

MrAstro

Tele-Afflicted

Oh yeah - Pink Panther movies forgot about them I have the whole collection :D

I'd like to add the Clouseau laughing gas scene. I still remember the first time I saw it. It was late at night, the whole house was asleep and I cried laughing so hard it woke everyone up :lol::lol::lol:

w3stie

Poster Extraordinaire
Mr Hulot's Holiday, classic goofy. Also Bringing up Baby, although it's more screwball than goofy. And let's not forget Dumb & Dumber.