My father-in-law got a new (to him) car. And he’s really proud of it.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I actually always kinda liked the looks of that car. I'm surprised it's front wheel drive--I would have assumed RWD?

2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

You should treat him with a new hat to go with his new ride.:)

[​IMG]

3. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

A US made car? From the 1980s? It will probably be extremely reliable as long as he never drives it

Greggorios and unixfish like this.
  4. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

WTH? Logic and facts talking about old cars? Where do you get off? :lol::lol::lol:

In my college days (mid 80s), there used to be a guy who would wax poetic about BMWs. He never had one, but he claimed to be an "expert", and spoke often about the driving experience above 150 MPH (which he had never done - much less anything over 80 for that matter). He would describe how if you put a turbo in a BMW 325 and "tweaked it just right", you could drive over 200 MPH. I don't remember the exact gearing specs, but I showed him how redline on that car would only give you 150 or so. His answer was always "but it would have more power! The more power you have, the faster you go!" Uh, yeah, you can push closer to redline, but the physics... "More power is more speed! A turbo will allow you to go over 200!"

Moron.

5. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

I'm no expert, but that looks like an "Auto show concept car" and not a production model. You would short out those headlights with tire spray and road gunk quickly.

Cool concept though.

6. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

I dunno. I bought it from a tattooed dude who was sitting in Riverside park. I never did a thing to the engine and it didn't have any aftermarket bling on the outside. Looked stock. I don't know what your Riv's handling problem was but I've driven a few boattails over 120 and they all sat like they were bolted. As for taching out, I don't know what to make of that. I had a lame-o 72 Lesabre 350 2bbl that did almost 120. My uncle had my old 72 in a warehouse with about six other boattails. He just sold all of them but the 71GS.

7. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I’ve been told the same thing by a few others who knew Buick model history.
    I bought the car from an old couple who bought it from a car rental chain, so it was sort of a fleet vehicle when new.
    Single Q jet and Buick air cleaner that said wildcat 425 350hp.
    Everything looked correct and original, car had maybe 80k on it when I bought it.

Too many oddities to be a certainty yet if the last nailhead wasn’t 350hp then WTH?

Seems plausible that Buick still had some 425 nailheads when they introduced the new motor for 67, and sold them in a car rental company order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. TwangToInfinity

TwangToInfinity Tele-Holic

wow beautiful car!

i would never bark the tires in a car like that either! smooooth sailing only!

im of the opinion in this situation of the right tool for the job and all that :)

9. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Holic

I saw this out in the world today and thought of this post.

[​IMG]

10. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I'd keep it around if I found myself owning one. Until someone made me the right offer.

Mostly I wish it had airbags.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.