My "eyesore"...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

What is Periorbital Cellulitis?
    Fat or fluid accumulation from a gland?

Just googled it. An infection. Hope the antibiotics clear it up fast for you.
    In the mean time I would rock some wayfarers or Jeff Lynn style sunglasses if heading out side.

LGOberean likes this.
  2. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Holic

So glad that I was able to quickly diagnosis it as a bite. You were bitten! DO what the Doc says and be thankful you have a village idiot friend who can offer a quick diagnosis.

LGOberean likes this.
  3. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Inflammation/infection in the skin and deeper tissues, including fatty layers, around the eye outside of the orbit. Orbital cellulitis is when it spreads to the eye and it is a medical emergency. Loss of vision or eye function is highly likely at that point.

Piggy Stu and Chunkocaster like this.
  4. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I have three afternoon gigs this week. All three are pro bono gigs I do for three different seniors communities. I've never worn sunglasses to these (indoor) gigs before, but this might be a good time to make an exception. Not sure I would want to subject the geriatric crowd to a performer that makes Quasimodo look good. :oops:

5. Commodore 64

Commodore 64 Friend of Leo's

Make sure you take all of that antibiotic. Staph ain't no joke.

(As someone who recently dealt with a really bad staph infection post-wisdom tooth extraction, I can tell you this).

LGOberean likes this.
  6. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Holic

Hope it clears up soon!
    As for the old folks gigs~put on your raybans and go for it! No doubt the music will make their day:cool:

7. Pasta Player

Pasta Player TDPRI Member Ad Free Member

Happy ’twas not something more serious.

In a previous life (it now seems) I batch hand-mixed Speed-Crete, a fast-set concrete mix in a five gallon bucket at least 20 times a day - 5 days a week. And as a result of bending over, mixing and snorting this wonderful stuff (that will set-up under water) on such a regular basis… at least once a year I suffered from what I came to lovingly refer to as “Big Face”. One or both of my eyelids and the side(s) of my face would swell until my eyes were almost closed. (I likened this to how some of Asian lineage might actually view the world.)

Undoubtedly some of this cumulative Speed-Crete “dust” would mix with the moisture in my nasal passges, set, and lead to an eventual sinus infection of epic proportions. Not fun… and I wore sunglasses quite a bit.

Antibiotics (and laying off the snorting) would take care of it in about 4-5 days. Of course, no respirator or even paper masks were ever worn.

“I am a man, I am not an animal.” - The Elephant Man

Speedy recovery LG!

8. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Glad you’re on the mend!

9. LGOberean

I am pretty sure I have sinus trouble because of a job I had back in 1973. I was working on a local base, Army Aeronautical Depot Maintenance Center (ARADMAC). I worked in the engine division, in a hanger that worked pretty much exclusively on containers for engines from choppers and such. We would sand bast them clean, grind off rust, power wash them with chemicals and spray paint them. And all of this was done in a work environment without masks or ear protection. There were times I'd take a break and step outside the hanger to get some fresh air. I'd look back into the hanger, and although the doors on both ends were open, I couldn't see daylight coming from the other end, just olive drab air. I started having sinus problems then, I don't ever remember having sinus problems before that. It was a temporary job meant to last a year, I quit it after several months.

10. djh22

djh22 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

You're just channeling your inner Roy Orbison.

Get better soon!

LGOberean likes this.
  11. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Get the BIGGEST, DARKEST glasses you can find.....and do your best Ray Charles! Lean your head back and sway from side to side.....even brush up your Hit the Road, Jack and What'd I Say?. I love those songs anyway! ;)

LGOberean likes this.
  12. LGOberean

I do several Roy Orbison tunes! Maybe I should also dress totally in black. Or, perhaps more fitting to the circumstances, black and blue! :twisted:

The only Ray Charles song I can think of that I do is "Seven Spanish Angels." But when I do that one, I'm more likely to be taken for Willie than Ray.
    Me at CCBC, June 2012.jpg

13. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Might need to play some Steve Earle there young fella.

14. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I’m thinking if you wore those huge wrap around Yoko Ono glasses that seniors wear to drive to and from the eye doctor/buffet you’d get a lot of built in sympathy

“He was so good and he obviously just had a procedure done - what a pro !”

15. LGOberean

Okay, I'm not gonna wear anything even incidentally associated with Yoko Oh No. :twisted:

16. LGOberean

The only Steve Earle song in my performance repertoire right now is "My Old Friend, the Blues." I've been meaning to add "Guitar Town."

bender66 and brookdalebill like this.
  17. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

glad to hear you got it looked after, make sure you take the whole script , all the best!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.