My "eyesore"...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Sep 16, 2019.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

09-16-2019 - My left eye - 1.jpg 09-16-2019 - My left eye - 2.jpg 09-16-2019 - My left eye - 3.jpg
    I guess I should have remembered to say "Yes, dear." Or remembered to duck, one of the two. :eek:

Kidding. :twisted: I don't know what happened to my left eye. I first felt something wrong (itching, hot, starting to swell) last Wednesday or Thursday. I didn't really get noticeable until Saturday.

My wife's been watching it since then. She thinks it's a Brown Recluse spider bite. A friend thinks it looks like shingles. She hasn't seen me in this condition, but my wife's been taking pics of this eyesore :rolleyes:, and evidently shared them with our friend this morning. And lucky TDPRI, I'm actually *sharing* them here now! :rolleyes::twisted:

I have a doctor's appointment late this morning, so I guess we'll get a more official diagnosis pretty soon. So, get your guesses in quickly. Maybe start a betting pool to see who's right or comes closest to the doctor's diagnosis.

Again...kidding....:twisted:

2. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Holic

Bite. Maybe a touch of some drawing salve might help.

3. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

Looks like bite to me.
    I gonna guess he prescribes hot compresses.

Wally likes this.
  4. puddin

puddin Tele-Holic

Ouch..looks like a infected spider bite. I had one just below my knee. Dermatologist had to cut, and drain. Very painful. Hopefully, nothing serious. Take care.

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. LGOberean

My wife's now worried that it may in fact be shingles. Last weekend (Saturday/Sunday, 9/7 -9/8) I was achy all day Saturday, and I felt like I had a sinus infection. I went to bed early that Saturday night, but my hot, achy feeling escalated to a fever, a real shivering, teeth-chattering, sweaty ordeal. But my fever broke sometime in the night, and I thought no more about it.

Now that the idea of shingles has been put out there, she thinks last weekend and this past weekend could be two related episodes with the same cause. Again, I'll be seeing my doctor in less than two hours, so get your votes/bets in quickly. :twisted:

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yikes!
    How does the other guy look?
    Just kidding, too.
    I bet it was a dern spider of some kind.
    Hope you heal up soon!

puddin, nojazzhere and LGOberean like this.
  7. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

Just say, "Yo Adrian, I did it!"

upload_2019-9-16_10-28-36.jpeg

8. LGOberean

I failed to mention that my wife had me try hot compresses/drawing out home remedies. She got a tip about green tea bags, so yesterday she microwaved a couple of bags and then put them on my eye for 10 minutes, and then did it again. The results after looked a little better, but the pics I just posted were from this morning, which show that it's swelling more and has developed that crusty point that does kinda look like it could be from a bite.

nojazzhere likes this.
  9. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I thought this was one of those eyebag-reducing cream commercials :D

It's not shingles, probably a spider bite.

LGOberean likes this.
  10. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

Ouch!

I was in a short lived band called The Eyesores. I think we sounded as bad as your eye looks.

LGOberean likes this.
  11. Pasta Player

Pasta Player TDPRI Member Ad Free Member

Not offfering a diagnosis here but glad you’re headed to the Doctor. I have attached a pic of a friend’s left index finger (after a recent brown recluse bite) and the cut-draining. He was just here yesterday working it back to playing shape again. It has healed well but that finger is now much smaller overall.

Bite.jpg
    Joked with him that it should now be easier for him to fret some notes. Best of luck LG.

Seems that the spider population in general, has doubled (if not tripled) here in the midwest this year. All my neighbors report same.

12. LGOberean

Yeah, no cosmetic cream is going to reduce this! That's not a "bag" underneath my left eye; it's a steamer trunk!

nojazzhere likes this.
  13. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

What did your doctor say? You have health insurance, right?

14. 68tele

68tele Friend of Leo's

My guess is that Frodo punched you.

Chunkocaster, LGOberean and Torren61 like this.
  15. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

make sure you take the full regeme of antibiotics and no drinking for at least 10 days I suspect, best of luck with that it looks painful.

16. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Me too, this. Infections around the eyes are nothing to mess with. Eyes are important, and they're located (in most cases, anyway) very close to brains. Infections are very bad for brains.

17. LGOberean

My doctor's appointment is in about 40 minutes. I'm getting ready to leave right now. Yes, I have insurance. I don't drink, except for a glass of wine on our anniversary, so no problem there. My doc is not one of those pill happy physicians, bought and paid for by Big Pharma (which is why we chose his practice), so what he prescribes, I'll do.

And actually, it itches, it's a nuisance, but it doesn't hurt.

24 track and nojazzhere like this.
  18. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

What P Thought just said......you just don't want to risk an eye OR an infection spreading to your brain. :(
    Hopefully, you've seen the doctor by now, and started on a treatment. Best wishes!

puddin likes this.
  19. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Regardless of spider bite or shingles or whatever, the effectiveness of most remedies for this condition may be dependent on getting a medical diagnosis as quickly as possible. Nobody likes taking antibiotics needlessly, but the likelyhood that part of the treatment for this malady doesn't include them is very small...

nojazzhere and puddin like this.
  20. darren7

darren7 Tele-Holic

Not shingles. If it were, it would burn like the fire of a thousand suns, and you would see red, inflamed nerves creeping across your skin.

Chud and puddin like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.