My ex- bandmates' new band is playing this weekend...should I go see them?

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
Surprise them - jump up onstage mid-song and play REAL LOUD!

Then laugh & yell loud curses, falling off the stage with your cord pulling an amp head into the drum set. Make them the talk of the town!

scelestus

Tele-Afflicted
I thought this would be a case of them being jerks and not a good terms thing. I was going to suggest you go and constantly yell for Free Bird all night, but I've changed my mind.

Flip G

Tele-Holic
Here in Ontario, there's no hope of live music for at least 3 weeks. I would kill to see a live band! Take advantage!

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
If you like them and wish them well, and want to be in their lives, then go! If not, don't. I know that's not very good advice columnist work, but you should do what feels right to you.

hollowman

Friend of Leo's
I'm in the "go" camp.

I'll support any local musician I know, or have played with in the past, except for a very few where things didn't end well.

That is, health permitting!

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
are they good?
I think they will likely be very good.
I would go. Even if it’s not good it’ll be interesting to be an audience member for a change.
Yes, but they're playing totally different music than the old band did.

I don't understand the whole "I gave them permission to move on...." . If you quit/retire why would they need anybody's permission to play music together?........
It's a longer story but I just didn't feel well enough to rehearse so I told them if they wanted to move on without me I would understand, it would alright I didn't quit perse.

Do you want to go?

If so, yes.

Will it be awkward for you or them? If not then go.
Mixed feelings, which is why I asked the question...

hotraman

Tele-Afflicted
Do whats best for you. I would try and go, if I felt ok. You don't have to stay for the whole show.