1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

My daughter can fly!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jakedog, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Mrbob135

Mrbob135 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

That is awesome JD. Gymnastics is the toughest sport, the girls can certainly take a beating. So glad she was able to come back and have a great meet. I can identify, this is my now 9 year old daughter competing last year: All her meets this year are virtual, with no spectators allowed in the gym. I can't wait until I can sit in the stands and watch her again!
    Josie.jpg

RobRiggs, Jakedog and Greggorios like this.
  2. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I was never blessed with a daughter, but I did get a gorilla. This is my youngest of five sons getting ready to squat 585 lbs at practice. He was 14 at the time.
    Robbie.png Keeping him fed was a major accomplishment.:D
    Congratulations to your beautiful daughter. Have fun keeping all the boys away. :twisted:

RobRiggs and Jakedog like this.
  3. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

That’s a shadow on her thigh, not a wrap. But she is pretty beat up. She’s dislocated her right knee twice, dislocated one of her elbows, loads of wrist and ankle sprains, back injuries, her left ankle is so loose now that she has to wear a brace pretty much all the time. We own a very nice collection of crutches and walking boots. Her younger sister competes as well, and thankfully seems far less injury prone so far. Fingers crossed.

The upside- Jules will be a senior in the fall, and has found her calling for after sports are done next year. She’s already too beat up to be really competitive at the college level, so she won’t be pursuing that, but doesn’t want to leave it behind. She wants to stay involved long term.

She’s started taking optional classes in bio-med, anatomy, and physiology, and is applying to colleges she likes with physical therapy programs. Her plan is to work at a local gym through school, wherever she lands, as a gymnastics coach for younger kids, and become a physical therapist for athletes. The PTs she’s dealt with over the years (her current foot and ankle doc is married to former Olympian Dominique Moceanu) have had an enormous impact on her over the years, and she wants to help other athletes the way they’ve helped her.

RobRiggs, P Thought and djh22 like this.
  4. Jakedog

Holy crap!

Mike SS likes this.
  5. Jakedog

Yep. All meets this year virtual. That’s part of the reason the school hired the photographer. So we could have some pics to keep from this season. Your daughter looks fabulous! Hope she’s having as much fun as my girls always seem to!

Mrbob135 likes this.
  6. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

PT is a fantastic career. You get to help people, it's fascinating, and it's rapidly growing. I have had to do lots of PT for various athletic-exuberance injuries,
    and I see four types of patients for the most part:

1) Athletes or weekend warriors who need help recovering from a sports injury, sometimes post-op.
    2) People coming in with chronic work injuries such as a bad shoulder or carpal tunnel, sometimes post-op.
    3) Elderly people coming in for post-op PT-- hip and knee replacement surgery, mostly.
    4) total couch potatoes (generally middle aged to older) who need PT because they are in chronic pain due to poor functional movement due to zero exercise for years.

I think the physical therapists like working with athletes the most because they are actually willing to put in the work. They will do the prescribed exercises at home, every day,
    without needing to be nagged about it.

P Thought and Jakedog like this.
  7. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

That’s cool.

Jakedog likes this.
  8. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Congrats @Jakedog!
    Your "poppa pride" is obviously well-founded. Her fortitude, dedication to the sport, and commitment to those who follow is an example for all.

Jakedog likes this.
  9. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Sounds like she has her head firmly planted on her shoulders and has found a way to “stay in the game”, so to speak. Bravo

Jakedog likes this.
  10. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Gymnastics is a cool sport. I think it's one of the best in the Olympics.

11. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Very cool. You'll be looking at the photo 30 years from now and smiling.

12. KennyWTelejazz

KennyWTelejazz Tele-Meister

A young athlete making a successful World Record jump over Joe's Guitar Collection .
    [​IMG]
    Kenny

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    RobRiggs likes this.
  13. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Very cool pic! It's OK to be a proud Dad!

Did she get her athletic ability from your stage show?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.