My Cube 60 no longer sounds good to me (?!) I want to donate it

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Mike Eskimo, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I’ve had one of the COSM Cube 60s for 10 or 11 years now and used it on a ton of gigs. A lot of outside gigs using nothing but the effects built into the amp, mainly reverb and delay. And it’s been only in the last couple years that I’ve used any pedals in front of it, which it takes very well.

Anyway pulled it out and played through it at home the other day and it kind of confirmed what I’ve been hearing the last couple of gigs using it – it just doesn’t sound good to me anymore .

So - Since around here I would struggle to get 100 bucks for it on CL and the fact that the band at this point is almost non-existent, I want to donate it. I literally will probably never plug into it again.

Sad, because it tells a story and I’m sure whoever gets it will “clean it up” :(

725C32D3-1C3A-40BC-8E7C-8B9F6C076C26.jpeg DDCE58E3-2AC6-419F-8AE5-60885081A297.jpeg B4BBCF7A-C740-45D2-890F-446ADD4B723C.jpeg 7C990672-0051-49EB-BDFD-BCD59BBA5610.jpeg

DaphneBlue and dswo like this.
  2. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

It’s a solid spare unless you have a bunch of amps.

cyclopean and Mike Eskimo like this.
  3. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue Tele-Meister

DON'T GIVE IT AWAY! Keep it and try some pedals in the jc channel. I personally tried an ehx hot tubes and was pleased with the tube-like response. I then switched for a catalinbread belle epoch (it has a built in echoplex preamp simulation) and my old cube 30 was alive again. I highly suggest a preamp pedal based on the echoplex. I love the way it opens the sound of the guitar and the amp. I also had very good results with my strymon flint.

cyclopean and Mike Eskimo like this.
  4. Mudman32

Mudman32 Tele-Meister

Stick it in a room with a dehumidifier first. Your speaker cone could be heavy from room moisture depending on where you store it.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  5. rxtech

rxtech Tele-Holic

Keep it. Use it for a stereo rig with another amp.
    I have gotten rid of enough stuff and regretted it (ie, Soldano Hot Rod 50 half stack in grey tolex covering, original Ibanez TS 808, Fender fretless bass, Epiphone masterbuilt acoustic, Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Sport), so only sell things if your family needs to eat. I actually got the Ernie Ball guitar back!

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  6. NateD81

NateD81 Tele-Meister

Looks like it’d be a cool amp to keep but if you want to donate it to a good cause, I would be more than happy to make it available to my 8th (and 7th graders) graders in my classroom! I teach in a very low socioeconomic school (over 90% free and reduced lunch), so these kids don’t really have access to this kind of stuff, plus it could keep them out of trouble during lunch. I teach English but I’m always trying to get these kids interested in music and things not connected to the internet!

Whatever you decide to do with it, thank you for sharing the wealth!

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  7. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

I've given away tons of stuff. If you have a children's hospital in your city they'd be happy to have it. Some of those kids are in there a long time and the bigger kids especially get really bored. I donated 3 amps and 3 guitars a few years ago to one of our local children's hospitals and they were over the moon to have them.

Mike Eskimo and NateD81 like this.
  8. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

I'm getting ready to donate an Epiphone acoustic guitar and a Mustang I amp to a music school that teaches inner city kids to play. They are happy to have it.

Mike Eskimo and NateD81 like this.
  9. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Funny you should post this-I just traded mine in on a new Fender Acoustic amp.

Yeah, schools are a good idea. They also are a great amp for P&W so maybe a local church?

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  10. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

haven't skated a Simm wheel in years !! Think my 2 boards have some old Krypto's on still

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  11. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

I'll take it!

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  12. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

is there a kids rock camp in your town? not the commercial ones but a non-profit. we have one run by the local arts community group and they're super-excited for donations. gave away a derelict Daisy Rock guitar and a Gorilla amp that I paid ten dollars for -- and would gladly pay another ten to never have to play through again -- and they were jacked.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  13. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

100% skater for life

7857886E-EC69-4212-90C5-D354F75E166E.jpeg

bftfender likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.