My Coworker entertains me

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fendertx, Jan 25, 2016.

1. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

My office mate just serenaded me by singing the lead guitar line to "Pictures of Matchstick Men" as it played on the radio. He even went full wah-wah at one point. He is not a guitar player, I don't even think he is aware he is doing these things sometimes.

You guys got any coworkers that help pass the time?

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I had a coworker who would come back from a liquid lunch, tip his chair back and snore for an hour. Quite the chain saw impersonation.

3. Norton72

Norton72 Tele-Afflicted

I'm usually the one doing the entertaining.

4. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nope pretty boring group of millennials with headphones on all day. I have to go outside or pass the time here.

5. JayJ

JayJ Tele-Afflicted

I work at a car dealership, at the technicians counter there are two computers, one mine and the other my co-workers. He is a type B personality and I am a type A, so we play off each other well.

Usually I am singing to him, replacing the "I" or "my" in a song lyrics with his name.

6. Skub

Skub Poster Extraordinaire

I wish I could relate some of the workplace tales, but every one I recall would violate the forum rules.

7. BigDaddyLH

What happens in the stock room stays in the stock room!

8. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

We have a buyer who will watch people who violate casual Friday rules. He'll make lists and turn the lists in to human resources. For instance we are not suppose to wear fashion jeans that have tears or rips. If a young lady in customer service wears jeans that have a tiny rip on the knee or if the butt looks worn he'll report them.

The same (very overweight) guy is a local Scoutmaster and he changes into a Boy Scout uniform every other Wednesday at noon. He can't change after work because he has get directly over to the meetings that start at 5:30. 49 year old man in a short panted Boy Scout uniform parading around downstairs. This is the guy who reports casual Friday violations.

You can't make stuff like this up.

9. BigDaddyLH

Reporting on your coworkers -- is there a merit badge for that?

10. Deckard

Deckard Tele-Afflicted

My coworkers also entertain me. I kinda wind em up and watch em go lol.

11. Togman

Togman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

My boss entertains me - although I don't think this is intentional.

12. babalooga

babalooga Tele-Holic

If acting like an inbred moron is entertaining, then yes my co-worker entertains me.:rolleyes:

13. JayJ

JayJ Tele-Afflicted

He must be named Dwight Schrute.

Also the recent internet phrase "ok, calm down satan." seems apt.

14. Zachevans3

Zachevans3 Tele-Meister

I got a guy that has worked there 23 years longer than me and asks me what to do all the time. And another guy that's been there 12 years and once every two weeks asks somebody if we do anything for snakes when spring and summer hit. We don't, the answer is always the same, but he just keeps asking..............

15. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    The Dullard is still out there somewhere.

16. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I have a co-worker who is famous for passing on important tidbits of information--with one or more critical errors. The basic reason is that she has a knack for making wacky inferences. She often finishes other people's sentences, and they have to say, "well, no, that's not where I was going with that..." She's pretty gregarious, and gets involved in a lot of conversations in the staff room and here and there, so she has a lot of material to work with.

I was talking with a fellow teacher about a recent graduate who had BARELY graduated, and this woman chimed in to inform us that the student in question had been depressed because she'd been kidnapped when she was younger, and that's why she struggled in school. Now, every time she comes into the office with a new human interest story from another department or about some student, I always send an e-mail to my friend sitting next to me: "...and then she was kidnapped." and she has to keep a straight face. :twisted:

17. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

You win.

18. Guitar Jones

Guitar Jones Tele-Meister

The one guy that works next to me scares me. He is a clueless happy idiot that I'm afraid isn't just going to hurt himself one day.

19. Arcticman

Arcticman Tele-Meister

I had a job once... didn't care for it.

20. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

The place I worked at for 25 years had it's share of characters...especially back in the '90's. The afternoon shift was loaded with a veritable Gong Show. This one guy used to make his own X-rated movies...had quite the following at one point! He seemed offended when I didn't want to see his work. One of his co-stars used to have coffee with the boys, prior to work...she was married to some other guy. He inevitably got fired for uttering threats, doing a month in jail, including a restraining order. Eventually resurfacing with another Local, he reinvented himself in the TV/movie industry...love the irony!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.